I overdid it last night

Dirtyhip

I found out last night that I have the aerobic capacity of an anemic sea slug.

What did you do to yourself?

I have a sore spot on my neck from the barbell bar from doing squats.

My doc said class A separation of that shoulder ligament.  Basically a bad sprain.  Recommendation of rest.

I flipped the pump track bike several weeks ago.

Last night, I couldn't even get my sports bra off.  I had to enlist help.   :whistle:

• Heart 1

Difficult?  I'd say you suck at it pretty bad.   :)

I had "something" removed from my leg.  Possibly a tick, possibly nothing.  She put in a couple of stitches and said no exercise for a week.  I've been looking for an excuse to take a break.

No exercise for a couple of stitches?  Yeah, I'd follow those orders.  :whistle:

My doc said class A separation of that shoulder ligament.  Basically a bad sprain.  Recommendation of rest.

I flipped the pump track bike several weeks ago.

Last night, I couldn't even get my sports bra off.  I had to enlist help.   :whistle:

That sucks, Hip.  Sorry to hear that.

I once screwed up my knee and broke my big toe tripping over some speaker wire.  And, I wasn't even drunk.

Symbol

you really have to immobilize that arm for a few weeks and then build it back up

that's going to end up a nagging injury in you try and soldier through it

what happens is that is doesn't heal right, doesn't get built back up again and is the weak link next season, which means you have this happen to you easier the next time. A fall that you used to get up from and laugh off separates your shoulder

you really have to immobilize that arm for a few weeks and then build it back up

that's going to end up a nagging injury in you try and soldier through it

what happens is that is doesn't heal right, doesn't get built back up again and is the weak link next season, which means you have this happen to you easier the next time. A fall that you used to get up from and laugh off separates your shoulder

DH, he's actually right about this, but you already heard this from your doctor.

Yes.  I know ... Sox and Nate are both right. Commuting doesn't hurt though.  Just the mtb stuff. It's much more active. I think i need pt. 

Am I expected to get off the bike completely? I use pain as my gauge.  Last night was an accident.

Don't think I can race cyclo cross on Sunday.  :unhappy:  :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  :flames:

Am I expected to get off the bike completely? I use pain as my gauge.  

do you want to get back to 100% in 6 weeks or 6 months?

its your body, so its your call, but if you keep soldiering on you are going to end up with a chronic problem in that shoulder

these are the types of decisions I've been facing for the last 4 years. I've found that your down time is shorter in the long run if you just take the plunk and sit it out early when you are still talking about weeks and not months off the bike

sorry, this is what getting old is all about