In defense of Ray Rice....

Randomguy

There is never ever a reason for violence.  Ever.

That is what everybody is saying, but it isn't true.  There is often a reason for violence, and it usually starts with some chick punching a dude, like RR's gf (now wife) was doing.

She swings a couple of times, then starts with the spitting, does anyone have any question that this is not the first time she has done this?  Not me, she looks fucking crazy, and it looks like she is crazy and annoyed all the damn time.  A habitual abuser, through and through.

I will tell you what human nature tells us to do, it tells us to knock anyone out who feels it is a-ok to punch us.  That is right, no less an authority than nature is telling us when enough is enough, and you are going to argue with nature?  How does that ever go?

"Ok, bitch, what did I tell you about punching me?" -RR

Crazy-ass gf (punches RR repeatedly)

"You don't want to do that, I am getting pissed" -RR

gf (continues punching, then spits on him)

Nature - "KNOCK THAT BITCH OUT!"

Now everyone is all pissed at RR because nature's patterns are working as planned, tell me that isn't crazy.

That is what everybody is saying, but it isn't true.  There is often a reason for violence, and it usually starts with some chick punching a dude, like RR's gf (now wife) was doing.

She swings a couple of times, then starts with the spitting, does anyone have any question that this is not the first time she has done this?  Not me, she looks fucking crazy, and it looks like she is crazy and annoyed all the damn time.

I will tell you what human nature tells us to do, it tells us to knock anyone out who feels it is a-ok to punch us.  That is right, no less an authority than nature is telling us when enough is enough, and you are going to argue with nature?  How does that ever go?

"Ok, bitch, what did I tell you about punching me?" -RR

Crazy-ass gf (punches RR repeatedly)

"You don't want to do that, I am getting pissed" -RR

gf (continues punching, then spits on him)

Nature - "KNOCK THAT BITCH OUT!"

I was in an abusive relationship in my 20s.  It didn't last long.  However, every time I was hit by her I always walked away.  I didn't want anymore drama.

I don't know, I always figured it was easier to walk away.  I guess I'm lazy.

Symbol

It's never OK to hit anyone, in particular a woman.

its perfectly fine to punch out hippies, muslims, city slickers, high toppers, and millenials at the drop of a hat, and you can even drop the hat yourself

its that non violent bull shit that made a whole generation of young men into a buncha video game playing mommy's boys

It's never OK to hit anyone, in particular a woman.

No, no, you have said a bullshit.  Someone punches you, they have given you the right obligation to strike back.  No question.  What do you do to a bully?  Punch.  What do you do when you are being punched?  PUNCH.

People who feel free to hit other people need to get a fast percussive education, or they will continue to feel free to abuse you.  Why?  Because they are assholes, and assholes do what assholes do, and need to be punched.

Is it best if you don't get punched?  Yes.  Did you just get punched?  PUNCH THE FUCK BACK!

• Heart 1

no...if they are going to or have already hit you and they are male, then pound away. 

If they are female, just subdue them till they STFU.

Honestly, I don't think it is any different, you simply subdue with punching, it is what punchers understand.  

I am advocating violence against women?  Yes, if women punch you, I am advocating violence against women, it is just that simple.

Honestly, I don't think it is any different, you simply subdue with punching, it is what punchers understand.  

I am advocating violence against women?  Yes, if women punch you, I am advocating violence against women, it is just that simple.

hey, chicks want to be equal, let them learn how to handle some of the tough stuff too

So what will come of this?  I might be old, but I think of myself as reasonably strong.  I get hit and hit back, we call it even and walk away?  What if I kill the person I punched?  I don't want to live with that.

Why not?  You get to take out someone that hasn't and probably will never learn life's hard lessons, then why is it your problem?  Fragile people shouldn't be punching anyone in the first place, you know.

You look pretty solid, I don't think I would initiate punching you.  This also is one of nature's lessons, how not to initiate punching.

So let's say I insult your wife.  You decide to punch me.  I deserved it, but instead I hit you back and you die from it.  I am supposed to live with that?

I'm not talking about an unprovoked attack.  If you jump me on the street, I will kill you, step on you as I continue on my way, and be just fine with that.

Ah, I would just insult your wife back first.  If I punched you, you would most probably die, because I have seen many martial arts movies and absorbed the material, making me a master of all forms.  Regardless, the killer has to live with it, or punch themselves to death, too.

Regardless, the killer has to live with it, or punch themselves to death, too.

pretty much

if its any interest, I stopped  fighting in my late 20s when I realized I was worried more about what I might do to them than what they might do to me. I lost my edge, so I made my peace with the world

I always say if you are a good fighter and choose peace, that's actually being peaceful

if you are a pussy and don't fight, that's not being peaceful, that's just self preservation

I tried martial arts a couple of times.  I enjoyed it and would consider myself a decent fighter.

One thing it taught me was to never underestimate your opponent.

I prefer to leave peacefully and avoid hostile people in my life.

Every now and then I realize that while I was fit as hell and good in a scrum when I was younger, I would probably get my ass handed to me now.  I still want to punch people, but without getting punched back.

Yeah there is, he was attacked first!

That's a lame defense.  It's likely she was a nutcase all along.  He should have left her when he detected this.  It's not like they've had a long and healthy relationship and she flipped out and started hitting him.  Regardless, you don't hit women.  Don't make me ride my bike down to NYC and kick your ass.

Regardless, you don't hit women.

not with a fist. The proper technique is the aptly named "bitch slap" and if necessary, the more forceful "pimp slap"

it helps to shout "I said shut the fuck up, bitch" then slap her

it just makes for a funnier video if somebody has their phone out

That's a lame defense.  It's likely she was a nutcase all along.  He should have left her when he detected this.  It's not like they've had a long and healthy relationship and she flipped out and started hitting him.  Regardless, you don't hit women.  Don't make me ride my bike down to NYC and kick your ass.

It isn't a lame excuse, it is a reasonable reaction.  Yes, she was a nutcase, yes, he should have ditched her long before.  And yes, if a woman hits you and then hits you again, it is your responsibility to treat her with the same respect that she just treated you, which was none.  Seriously, you don't hit women unless they hit you and are about to do it again, then you hit them with gusto.  Men are not abuse targets for stupid violent chicks, and stupid violent chicks need to be hit when they start violence against men.