What makes you unique?

Kirby

I'm already in a select group by being a frog who rides a trike with streamers, but I think what really makes me stand out in a crowd is that I still carry a checkbook with me in my purse.   I can't recall the last time I was somewhere where I needed to write a check, but it's an old habit and I feel wary without it.

So what makes you unique?

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My DNA.  I'd say my fingerprints, but I'm not positive about that one.

But everyone's DNA makes them unique, so that's not really unique. :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I'm left handed which is about 10% of the population.

I have AB- blood which is about 1% of the population.

I score in the top 2% on IQ tests.

I'm male which is about 50% of the population.

I doubt that there's all that many left-handed guys with AB- blood who qualify for Mensa.

• Heart 4

17 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I doubt that there's all that many left-handed guys with AB- blood who qualify for Mensa.

That's like 63% unique. I believe we should deduct 8% because you drew a conclusion for us.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm left-handed and passed the Mensa test with a 157.  I'm the most-common O-pos blood type, but I'm also red-green color blind.

But I think what makes me unique is that I've always had a passion for science and also love the arts - grad school degree in chemistry with  industrial chief research chemist and high school teaching careers, minors in physics and biology and I've studied classical piano and have qualified for 12 ACE Recitals over the years in the adult program at the world-class Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins U and was trained by my artist father and used to do the parent night hallway artwork for my high school.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

In engineering circles I'm a social media fashion influencer.

At least I never used a pocket protector....

10 hours ago, Kirby said:

What makes you unique?

I guess I'm an engineering geek that learned how to survive working with mostly normal people.  

I still have my slide rule, and 4 Hewlett-Packard calculators, 3 still work. 

The one that died was my favorite, the HP41C.  I use an emulator app on my cell phone for the HP41C.  Once when I still worked... someone asked to borrow my phone to use the calculator.  I got the phone back in a few seconds, or less. 

HP41.thumb.jpg.75bd89fa1485657808cc571f5fc178bc.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

The one that died was my favorite, the HP41C.  I use an emulator app on my cell phone for the HP41C.  Once when I still worked... someone asked to borrow my phone to use the calculator.  I got the phone back in a few seconds, or less. 

Wow, that is realistic!  Yeah, I had the same experience when I borrowed a real one. Back to the owner very quickly. But never quickly enough-ewww! :D  SR-50 guy here. 

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Wow, that is realistic!  

The calculator in the app can even be programed just like the real calculator.  There are probably a few hundred functions, many are not on the key board.

My real HP50G has something like 2300 of functions not on the key board.  And if that wasn't enough, you can define your own.  The user's manual (if I recall there are 3) are more like encyclopedias.  One for advanced programing is about 900 pages long.  Needless to say, they came on a CD, and were not printed material in the box.

Yeah I'm a geek...   I love this kind of stuff.