Agenda today

Dirtyhip

Meet the cab guy to get our cab moved.  The dummy that set my cabs did not leave enought room for the fridge.  He should be here at 9 am.  Then, I can go grocery shopping and fill my kitchen again.  I have barely anything to eat here.  

I can not believe that the cab installer did not measure better.  The fridge was sitting in our garage.  The could have just put a tape on it.  It's the counter overlap.  I don't think the guy accounted for that.  

Right now the fridge is out in the middle of the kitchen.  

• Heart 1

I think you picked beautiful cabinets. What’s your plan for the backsplash? 
I originally wanted tin, and then we picked a really cool blue tile but the kiln where it’s manufactured burned down, so we switched to a mossy green with a fish above the stove. I like it, but my heart is with the blue tiles that weren’t meant to be. 

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Two of them are, but some are not.  I am not sure of code for needing them at every outlet.  

They may be connected to the one with the breaker. Some of mine are that way in the shop. I had to do a bit of searching, before I realized what was going on.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m looking at your outlets. Here in NM, outlets nearby cooking and water have to have trip switches. Do yours have those, too? 

In my kitchen only one of the outlets near the sink has GFI buttons, but the outlet on the other side has a sticker that says it's protected. They're wired together.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Mick is way ahead!  If this race wasn't over, it definitely would still have him way in the lead.

Do you think @MickinMD also wants puppies????  @jsharr, can you see if your boss wife has time to make TWO road trips?

Well, Mick didn;t follow the rules of his county.  He is a criminal. I went the legal route.  :D

HAHA

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, Mick didn;t follow the rules of his county.  He is a criminal. I went the legal route.  :D

HAHA

East Coast vs West Coast mentality!  When you get up into MD, shit starts getting REAL!  Heaven forbid you head up farther into Jersey, New York, or even Boston!!!  Animals.  Just total animals up there.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

East Coast vs West Coast mentality!  When you get up into MD, shit starts getting REAL!  Heaven forbid you head up farther into Jersey, New York, or even Boston!!!  Animals.  Just total animals up there.

I am a law abiding Oregonian.  I drive the speed limit too.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Meet the cab guy to get our cab moved.  The dummy that set my cabs did not leave enought room for the fridge.  He should be here at 9 am.  Then, I can go grocery shopping and fill my kitchen again.  I have barely anything to eat here.  

I can not believe that the cab installer did not measure better.  The fridge was sitting in our garage.  The could have just put a tape on it.  It's the counter overlap.  I don't think the guy accounted for that.  

Right now the fridge is out in the middle of the kitchen.  

My fridge was plugged in a week before the new water line was run from the street to the house - the instructions for the fridge say connect the water first.  That apparently caused the water to freeze in the line before it got to the ice maker.  Now I'm using-up my filled-up freezer and fridge stuff over then next few weeks so I can turn it off for a couple days and let the water thaw.

Also, the contractor's designer, Kristi, told me she left two inches of "wiggle room" so I could easily slide my gas range out if I needed to do so.  But the workers put it right against the countertop and then filled the extra space with a filler and a couple more inches of countertop so there's not enough room for a dime to drop on either side. Maybe that's what Kristi intended and it may be good, but I may have to take out the gray filler and the couple inches of countertop and backsplash on the left if I need to move the stove out:

1567088119_Stovejammedintight20210714_153410_900p.thumb.jpg.15cbc8f0625eaf1ba989cac076fd28e2.jpg

14 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My fridge was plugged in a week before the new water line was run from the street to the house - the instructions for the fridge say connect the water first.  That apparently caused the water to freeze in the line before it got to the ice maker.  Now I'm using-up my filled-up freezer and fridge stuff over then next few weeks so I can turn it off for a couple days and let the water thaw.

Also, the contractor's designer, Kristi, told me she left two inches of "wiggle room" so I could easily slide my gas range out if I needed to do so.  But the workers put it right against the countertop and then filled the extra space with a filler and a couple more inches of countertop so there's not enough room for a dime to drop on either side. Maybe that's what Kristi intended and it may be good, but I may have to take out the gray filler and the couple inches of countertop and backsplash on the left if I need to move the stove out:

1567088119_Stovejammedintight20210714_153410_900p.thumb.jpg.15cbc8f0625eaf1ba989cac076fd28e2.jpg

Your stove sides are parallel to each other.  It may be tight but as long as there is no pressure (you don't need a dime just a pierce of paper) it will slide out.  It might be more difficult to slide back in but as long as there is a sliver of clearance, it will move.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am a law abiding Oregonian.  I drive the speed limit too.

and you don't pump yer own gas either!

did I tell you about the granite slab we had in our first house? Guy cut the hole too big. I left the template next to the GRANITE countertop. He literally had to move the template to cut the hole. I was so mad

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

That picture scares the heck outta me. Is the side wall fire rock? (sheetrock that is fire rated w fire rated tape). This is what inspections are for.....

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Your stove sides are parallel to each other.  It may be tight but as long as there is no pressure (you don't need a dime just a pierce of paper) it will slide out.  It might be more difficult to slide back in but as long as there is a sliver of clearance, it will move.

Yeah that was my thought too.   They should have installed the filler and countertop on the left first, then installed the oven.  It should just slide in (or out) if needed.

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

That picture scares the heck outta me. Is the side wall fire rock? (sheetrock that is fire rated w fire rated tape). This is what inspections are for.....

From what I'm finding... it looks like 6" to 12" is the minimum distance from the side of a gas oven to a side wall that extends above the countertop.   Depends on the oven, and the local building code. 

Hopefully they used fire rated sheetrock and tape.

9 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah that was my thought too.   They should have installed the filler and countertop on the left first, then installed the oven.  It should just slide in (or out) if needed.

From what I'm finding... it looks like 6" to 12" is the minimum distance from the side of a gas oven to a side wall that extends above the countertop.   Depends on the oven, and the local building code. 

Hopefully they used fire rated sheetrock and tape.

Dr Mickin probably used the express inspection service where the "fee" is high enough the inspector doesn't even get out of the car

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

13908528-4891-4924-AB07-8C860BE250C4.jpeg

0CCA96EA-636F-4609-9EDB-635610F30D2B.jpeg

Love the kitchen floor.  I was considering getting simulated-wood vinyl flooring in my kitchen to match the beautiful oak hardwood flooring in the rest of my first floor and simulated wood on my 2nd floor.  But my sister overruled me and insisted on a whitish vinyl to go with the white-marble-formica on the countertop and gray cabinets.  It worked out great, but I still love wood!

Kitchen/Sunroom/Bathroom rolled vinyl floor:

20210715_083527_impr_900p.jpg.c60621fc40262fe2e424ebabe0229415.jpg

1st floor Living Room/Hallway/Bedrooms oak hardwood floor:

663804806_20210625_110533.MOREREAL_900p.jpg.382a24817bb1b11888e746732698ce2c.jpg

2nd floor 24" x 12" vinyl simulated-wood tiles:

20210715_083259_impr_900p.jpg.0b6354af727532f71ce1b15436a0d721.jpg

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, Kzoo said:

And you will probably appreciate the absence of schmung falling down the sides of the stove.

12 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

No, there's a flex gas line and long-enough electric cord to slide it out.  But if I don't need to move it for years it may require a little sideways motion to get it out.

DH’s new house won’t pass inspection until her stove is secured to the wall.