My home feels so large

Dirtyhip

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

When we pulled out most of our furniture & stuff for the remodel we thought the same. Wow, this place is big… Then we put our stuff back & we’re like Hmm maybe not!

Getting settled in will be nice, enjoy your new place!

Our storage space is great, cause we that box.  It's ugly, but very useful.

• Heart 3

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

All that room means PLENTY OF SPACE FOR PUPPIES!!!!! :hapydance:

@jsharr!  Get planning a roadtrip!

Months after my daughter & SIL fixed up and furnished their 1st house they got a puppy.  We absolutely adore Smoke but remember thinking, oh my all that new stuff is gonna get ruined… And some of it did…

58 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is noticable.  We gave ourselves an extra 100 or so sq ft.  

We are living in the spare room as we plan to buy a new king bed.  Our queen fits in the other room, and it has enough space for our desk.  Our last house only had barely enough space for the bed in the spare room.  Now we can provide a proper spare room, even with a little nightstand.  

We did such a great job on this design.  I am in love.

Awesome!

When you set something down hard enough to make a noise or drop something, does it make an echo?

My small house is mostly devoid of furniture and there's a sort of echo-like effect to every noise, especially noticeable in my living room where even the TV voices seem enhanced and I haven't even picked out a sound bar yet.

My last piano, a baby grand, sounded much different on a hardwood vs carpeted floor.  I'm keeping my beautiful oak hardwood floor uncarpeted so I'll get a jazzier, treble-strengthened sound out of the next one.

I'm checking out electric ones now - the touch-response and sound quality are much improved since I bought my piano 16 years ago - and one will take up much less space.

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Awesome!

When you set something down hard enough to make a noise or drop something, does it make an echo?

My small house is mostly devoid of furniture and there's a sort of echo-like effect to every noise, especially noticeable in my living room where even the TV voices seem enhanced and I haven't even picked out a sound bar yet.

My last piano, a baby grand, sounded much different on a hardwood vs carpeted floor.  I'm keeping my beautiful oak hardwood floor uncarpeted so I'll get a jazzier, treble-strengthened sound out of the next one.

I'm checking out electric ones now - the touch-response and sound quality are much improved since I bought my piano 16 years ago - and one will take up much less space.

yes, i do...i do....i do

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is noticeable.  We gave ourselves an extra 100 or so sq ft.  

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It's great you both have 'your place' to live in now.   I'd say you BOTH won...  enjoy... 

Just now, jsharr said:

Sir, I am not the boss of her.  You know this.  

@jsharr's wife - please have your hubby grow some!

And also, leave him at home when you drop the puppies at @Dirtyhip's new home.  You two can talk smack about him (in kind, genteel Texan-doublespeak!).

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don’t want to talk about pee. I love my little fridge

Yeah, your fridge is really nice now back to the important stuff.  We have to talk about peeing in the shower because large prizes in the pool are at stake.  I'm thinking @MoseySusan is going to be the big prize winner here.  Don't make us call him at work.  Did he pee in the shower yet and if so what was the date?  I'm assuming this morning.