I have a question about Savannah Georgia

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by AirwickWithCheese,

10 minutes ago, Airehead said:

My cousin, Margaret, is the editor of a newspaper there. 

Actually she could be perfect to help. 

So 3 years ago I went to see the Forsyth Fountain for first time in 2 decades. Area around there was just like you'd imagine from pictures, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, etc. 1880s beautiful.  :nodhead:

I'm walking around and just kept going after getting lost. Next thing I know I'm Downtown and make a few more wrong turns. I go down this side street and boom!, I'm in the 1960s!  

Weirdest architecture you've ever seen. Plastic buildings?, glass buildings from the Jetsons, like being in a movie. I didn't think too much of it at the time because I was overdosing on the traditional Savannah but I want to know more about it now because I don't think there's anything else like it in America. Maybe 4-6 blocks of Mad Men set. I really can't find too much info about it online.  

Help?  Please Margaret.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Actually she could be perfect to help. 

So 3 years ago I went to see the Forsyth Fountain for first time in 2 decades. Area around there was just like you'd imagine from pictures, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, etc. 1880s beautiful.  :nodhead:

I'm walking around and just kept going after getting lost. Next thing I know I'm Downtown and make a few more wrong turns. I go down this side street and boom!, I'm in the 1960s!  

Weirdest architecture you've ever seen. Plastic buildings?, glass buildings from the Jetsons, like being in a movie. I didn't think too much of it at the time because I was overdosing on the traditional Savannah but I want to know more about it now because I don't think there's anything else like it in America. Maybe 4-6 blocks of Mad Men set. I really can't find too much info about it online.  

Help?  Please Margaret.  

Did you walk onto the SCAD campus?

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I went there once.  it was still cold, but I liked it.

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Cheese2.thumb.jpg.241ecf938c1374aec8f9bddd8641764a.jpgCheese3.thumb.jpg.c70ef3ec5b421d8fed3f25e8d68450e2.jpgHere are 3 pics from my trip

Cheese1.thumb.jpg.36c1089a055ca987065605325406fbe6.jpg

Did you ever get arrested for taking pictures of wimmin in conservative dresses walking away?  Although I guess that might technically be legal I spose. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Did you ever get arrested for taking pictures of wimmin in conservative dresses walking away?  Although I guess that might technically be legal I spose. 

I was teasing, not my pics. Like I'd ever be brave enough to take pictures of women.  :(

I stayed at the Forsyth Inn, directly across the street from the park and fountain. Savannah Bed and Breakfast in the Historic District - Forsyth Park Inn Didn't know it at the time of the booking but being haunted was kind of a secret rumor folklore they would tell about if asked. Had some weird experiences such as the window opening during the night and other guests noted other events. One of my favorite places to eat is the Cotton Exchange Tavern along the river. They make the best, fattest rubens! Many times, if around noon will drive the 16 miles in from I95 - and suffer finding parking -  rather than the typical fast food selection along the Interstate exits. When returning from my BIL in SC, it typically is noon and Savanah is the halfway point, so a good time to stop.

• Heart 1

Savannah is a lovely town. Perfect for strolling. We had lunch at Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House, not sure if they’re still open but good to check out while you’re there. After lunch we went for a stroll. Began seeing more young people with hair and fashions best described as “self-expression”. My colleague remarked that the local high school must have just released its students for the day. We then came upon the main SCAD campus. I told her, “those are college students. We are getting old”

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Found this. 

Drayton Towers. I believe the area was around this.  

147sffc0kiz4w5rz3.thumb.jpg.ea45a8f33be29658f5f508a547ebc75a.jpgDrayton_Tower_(Savannah_GA)_SW_entrance_1.thumb.jpeg.4614e46cee8c3129010f34e576ba53ab.jpeg

Sadly, modernization has already ruined this 1960s utopia. It was less than 3 years ago.   :(

I'd like to thank everyone for your lackluster support and help. 

Here is what you missed.