1000 mile day Aug 21st!

Zephyr

Back in the winter when we did our '1000 post day' we asked ourselves what would be next and the topic of a 1000 mile day came up and that we select a day and see if the combined cycling mileage that day can meet or exceed 1000 miles.

If we plan now for say near the end of August it would give people plenty of time to mark it on their calendar 

Thoughts?  

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Back in the winter when we did our '1000 post day' we asked ourselves what would be next and the topic of a 1000 mile day came up and that we select a day and see if the combined cycling mileage that day can meet or exceed 1000 miles.

If we plan now for say near the end of August it would give people plenty of time to mark it on their calendar 

Thoughts?  

Chirp chirp chirp :D

Just having fun being a smartass. You can put me down for a solid 20 miles. :D

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Thoughts?  

I have a century on the 22nd of August.  Easy peasy for us to hit 1,000 miles day or weekend.

35 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Thoughts?  

Is this for Stravites only or can regular cyclists participate?  

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

or can regular cyclists participate?  

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

How many regular posters do we have?

If you allow irregular posters and cyclists in on the game, I could contribute.  As of now I'm planning on riding 60 miles on August 21 for ROC the Great Lakes.  Other days, worst comes to worst, I could punch out some miles on the rollers if that would meet the criteria for 'miles'.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Thoughts?  

That would be very cool. Photos would be fun. 

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Unless you want to do it earlier

Let’s try for a weekend? Saturday and Sunday combined miles. Tighter focus; more intensity. 

The 21st and 22nd have already been listed for high mileage days. 

• Heart 1

On 7/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, Zephyr said:

Thoughts?  

Sounds good, though I don't know if I'll be in shape for more than 10-15 miles.  Still, that means 990 miles by the rest won't be a miss.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Lets aim for Aug 21 as that seems to work for most  people here.

If you can't do the 21st but can do the 22nd, do that, with the caveat that you can only enter your miles for one day.

@shootingstar if you want to do kms that is fine, I will convert them.

On tbe day I will edit the title from 1000 to 0 and then change it as I add up totals.

I am not sure I will be back from Alberta by then so someone may need to pick up my slack 

• Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Lets aim for Aug 21 as that seems to work for most  people here.

If you can't do the 21st but can do the 22nd, do that, with the caveat that you can only enter your miles for one day.

@shootingstar if you want to do kms that is fine, I will convert them.

On tbe day I will edit the title from 1000 to 0 and then change it as I add up totals.

I am not sure I will be back from Alberta by then so someone may need to pick up my slack 

Maybe instead of a 1,000 mile day, we do a 2,000 mile weekend!?!??!