Best Movie Ever!

kingtermite

We had to go the other route too.

What's some of your ideas for the best movie ever?

One of my all-time favorites is "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"

The big theater near here is doing some classic movies on the big screen in the upcoming months. This movie is coming this month. I'm going to go see it on the big screen as a birthday present as my berfday is coming up.  I can't wait. :D

51J5RNGX7YL._SY300_.jpg

If I could only ever see one more movie..., Casablanca.  Watched it for the first time on my wife and I's first Valentine's Day in 1988 and have re-watched it many many times.  So many classic lines and Rick has the cool factor that all other leading men hope to measure up to.

Honourable mention to

"Jaws" which came out when I was 9, and I begged my parents to let my older brother take me to it.  I literally had nightmares for months.

"Memento" for the 'what??'

"Napoleon Dynamite" because I have watched it with my kids so often, even though they are in their late teens/early 20's, our family conversations still often end up with someone quoting the movie

and "Master and Commander" because I am fan of the tall ship era, have read the entire series twice and it sounds AWESOME cranked on the surround sound

Airplane!

That would be my pick too.  So damn clever.

There are lots of very well made, acted, produced films out there, but at the end of the day I just want to watch Airplane again.

And now I know two people whose favorite movie is "Harold and Maude" (my wife's friend from college).