LeMond - Fignon

bikeman564™

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The LeMond - Hinault story is the tough one.  Fignon was a competitor, Hinault a teammate. 

I always respect LeMond, but damned if he isn't almost always his own worst enemy. :(

True. I was referring to LeMond taking the lead on the last day TT.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

was a great battle :popcorn:

01iht-FIGNON-jumbo.jpg?quality=75%26auto

The 89 worlds was also an epic battle between Fignon & Lemond. In the final miles of the race Fignon attacked &  Lemond reeled him in. Fignon got pissed alleging GL was racing against him.  GL won and Fignon finished in the 1st group a few seconds back. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

True. I was referring to LeMond taking the lead on the last day TT.

The dream of the TdF and why they put it on the last race day.  I think it backfired a little bit last year, but it definitely is a wild way to see a race conclude.  Fignon should have paid more attention to technology???

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

The dream of the TdF and why they put it on the last race day.  I think it backfired a little bit last year, but it definitely is a wild way to see a race conclude.  Fignon should have paid more attention to technology???

That was a watershed moment though. Remember the pro peleton was steeped in tradition until GL came around. That TT changed everything for aerodynamic gains.