France certainly is pretty to look at

Road Runner

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I can't believe the tour is over already!  Well, the exciting stages, anyway. 

It is all fast forwarding from here on out, but I suspect there has been a lot of that this year.

What! Almost over? How about a spoiler alert there. The whole 2021 TdF is now ruint. I hope you are proud of yourself. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I can't believe the tour is over already! 

I suspect you will be seeing a lot more years of Slovenian dominance at the Tour.  He is only 22.

When I was 22, I was, er.., well, maybe I better not say what I was doing.  But I sure wasn't winning the TdF!!!

7 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Don't they have any streets that look like shit?   :dontknow:

I think the tour needs to ride through some bad areas, just make us Americans feel better about where we live.  

I didn't even see crappy streets in the backwaters of Paris.

It is a beautiful country, from Northern France to French Riviera along the Mediterranean and the Alps foothills.  We did a day-trip from Paris to the Chateaus in the Loire Valley and I most loved the sunflower farms we passed during the drive where rows and rows of sunflowers bloomed across acres and acres of land as far as the eye could see.  Since I speak French well enough to get by, I briefly considered renting my house in Maryland and renting a house on the French Riviera, perhaps in Cannes after I retired.  But the separation from family and friends wasn't worth it to me.

9 Texas Sunflower Fields + Farms (That You Can Actually Visit!)

• Heart 1

Just have a feelin' there are whole neighbourhoods in Paris, Berlin that tourists normally don't wander into in big numbers.  So we really don't know.  There are areas, to me, felt worn and not looked after. 

For sure a small town in Europe is quite different than in North America...in terms of too much junk lying around outside.  

Now with the flood tearing through parts of Germany, Belgium...

16 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Wouldn't we be so disappointed if we found out the 'countryside' was all computer generated and the cyclists were all riding Pelotons in a studio...

It's not?  :o Whoa, talk about a spoiler!