So I am just now watching Bohemian Rhapsody

Ralphie

Freddy Mercury in the original vs Rami Malek in the movie

Interesting side fact: While it is a different stadium as the original doesn't exist, all the people in the crowd was an open call for volunteers as they filmed the movie. Also, no pressure but the concert was filmed day one requiring immediate immersion into the role with no warm up.

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

1970 Gremlin on the list of all time bad cars, 19 oot of 50

So I enjoyed Mike Myers' part in the fillum, the guy who lost Queen. :D

Interesting how he pushed so hard to get the song in Wayne's World and that caused it to be re-released. Very cool.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mike-myers-bohemian-rhapsody/

My Gremlin was a 1972, the first car I bought brand new, and the second one I ever owned. 304 V8 with a 3 on the floor. The car was 100% junk, but I had the most fun of my life with that car.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

My Gremlin was a 1972, the first car I bought brand new, and the second one I ever owned. 304 V8 with a 3 on the floor. The car was 100% junk, but I had the most fun of my life with that car.

Yeah, one of my junkiest cars was also one of the most fun, an 84 Dodge Daytona Turbo. I loved self-administering “turbo therapy”. :D

3 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Freddy Mercury in the original vs Rami Malek in the movie

Interesting side fact: While it is a different stadium as the original doesn't exist, all the people in the crowd was an open call for volunteers as they filmed the movie. Also, no pressure but the concert was filmed day one requiring immediate immersion into the role with no warm up.

Yeah, I still don't see an award winning performance.  The dental prosthetics were way over done as well. 

My wife bought it as soon as it came out.  We had already seen it in the theatre.  She's a big Queen fan.

We saw Rocketman, she didn't like it much, I thought it was good.

Saw Yesterday in the theatre, bought it when it came out.  That was my favorite.

Of all this type of movie, my all-time favorite was Amadeus. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

My wife bought it as soon as it came out.  We had already seen it in the theatre.  She's a big Queen fan.

We saw Rocketman, she didn't like it much, I thought it was good.

Saw Yesterday in the theatre, bought it when it came out.  That was my favorite.

Of all this type of movie, my all-time favorite was Amadeus. 

I didn;t see that.  I thought Walk the Line was awesome.  And I am not really a Johnny Cash fan.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yes, I did like that one too.  I am like BuffJim, very lenient with biopic reviews.  But Walk the Line was exceptional.  Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon knocked it WAY oot of the park, :)

Well, they are still movies after all, so when it comes to the appearance of the person portrayed, I can suspend my disbelief a little bit. I mean, do you think Captain Phillips, Sully and Mr Rogers all look like Tom Hanks?

5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Well, they are still movies after all, so when it comes to the appearance of the person portrayed, I can suspend my disbelief a little bit. I mean, do you think Captain Phillips, Sully and Mr Rogers all look like Tom Hanks?

Nope!  Only jsharrt and Forrest Gump do!

• Heart 1