Beautiful seaplane ride

shootingstar

34 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

So where are the photos you took from the plane?

I have a cousin who lives on Salt Spring Island. She is 100% hippie, so she fits right in.

This flight was from Maple Bay. Car drive all the way from Cowichan Bay village.  Above was Maple Bay. Below is at Saltspring Island..which photo only gives part of what the island is like.

In Vancouver, I once biked to the seaplane area and locked up bike. Boarded a seaplane to Victoria, BC where I had a job interview. Then came back in a few hrs.

saltspring.JPG

53 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

She is 100% hippie, so she fits right in.

Hey!  I am 99% non-hippie and I fit right in.  That is one of the many beauties of Salt Spring.   It is an incredible art community and home to Robert Bateman, formerly a Burlington teacher as you know. 

This photo shows everything you need to know about Salt Spring. :) 

49saltspringmarket-Stasia-Garraway_1910-

• Heart 4

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hey!  I am 99% non-hippie and I fit right in.  That is one of the many beauties of Salt Spring.   It is an incredible art community and home to Robert Bateman, formerly a Burlington teacher as you know. 

This photo shows everything you need to know about Salt Spring. :) 

49saltspringmarket-Stasia-Garraway_1910-

Is Robert Bateman still alive? Hmm, guess I could just look that up. (Google google google.) Yup, still alive. In a previous life, we had a print of one of his paintings, but the ex took that because it was hers.

Randy Bachman lived there at one time too, but don't think he does now.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Tell us more about your well deserved vacation. 

Enroute to Vancouver from Saltspring island. Over more Gulf Islands. Food pic is at friends' back deck overlooking Cowichan Bay. Every day I saw little green-headed Anna's hummingbirds zipping around, goldfinch birds, blue herons, turkey vultures and bald eagles fly around. Of course we had to go to local winery to get some white wine for dinner.

My friend was trying figure out how they could get her 94 yr. old mother (who uses a walker and sometimes needs to be in wheelchair), to the back deck because there are some stone steps down to the house and up from front door into living room before getting to back deck. All she wishes now is to simply sit there and bask for hrs. in the beautiful views.

fromsaltspring island.JPG

cowichan bay.JPG

• Heart 4