Fabulous thing about the property.

Dirtyhip

22 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

So..now you need a birdbath and a couple of feeders. I can't  feed at my condo..but I enjoy watching them frolic in the water...at work...we even had a young hawk in the birdbath . :cheerleader:

20210716_065809.jpg

Those fascist jerks won’t let you have a bird feeder? Monsters 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

The birds we have and the birds 🦅 traveling over is so fun. We have quail all the time. There was about 50 of them in front of my house on one of our first nights at the place. 

In addition to having the resident quail, there is a regular flyaway. They fly from the river over Moore mountain and on towards the link river. Gosh, I love being here. It is gorgeous here and I am so incredibly 🥲 thankful. 

I've got some mourning doves and robins, but otherwise nothing colorful lately.

I did see some lightning bugs over the past couple weeks.  They used to occur in swarms in the 50's to 70's.  There is still about the same amount of woods and park land in the area as then, so I don't know what's knocked them out.  I expect it's the county's mosquito spraying.

6 hours ago, petitepedal said:

So..now you need a birdbath and a couple of feeders. I can't  feed at my condo..but I enjoy watching them frolic in the water...at work...we even had a young hawk in the birdbath . :cheerleader:

20210716_065809.jpg

The turkeys at camp walk up to the birdbath and start drinking out of it. 😆

• Awesome 1