How was your Saturday?

jsharr

Watched some of the Tour and the F1 sprint. Hauled out a pickup load of fallen branches and volunteer saplings from the fence line. Scraped overspray off the windows and washed all the windows. Repaired WoW’s carpet cleaner. Hung rope light on the patio. Went for a drive in the Miata and got some blizzards at DQ and some frozen cinnamon rolls to bake in the morning. Supposed to be a rainy, lazy day tomorrow. 

E22BA5FF-2214-4630-8945-02076AEDC0CC.jpeg

• Heart 1

It was a wet rainy day. I transplanted some sod to the front yard where the Prime truck got buried last winter. Found another hanging pot so I put some flowers in it. Got a message that a friend in North Carolina died. She had the apartment next to mine when I was single. We had a walk through closet from one apartment to the other. When Esther dumped me she schemed ways to get us back together again. It worked. She was a good friend.

I got another message that they were re-doing the cafe over at the church I used to run the cafe. That was probably a hint that they want me back. I was there 30 years, have been at another campus for ten. The campus I’m at now is twice as far away. We started going there when our son was working there. He moved on and is now working with Teen Challenge. I have made friends at the new church but I have friends at the old church too. I’m going to the old church this morning.

• Heart 3

Busy. My cousin Louise drove up from VA Beach to pick up a chandelier that hung in our Grandma’s house in Belmont MA. Grandma bought it in Waterford during one of her trips to Ireland. My Mom had it, then my sister, then me. I didn’t want it and reached out to Louise to see if she wanted it. Yes! So we arranged a lunch at my sister Sue’s house. Ann, another sister, picked up Mom and Tracy at the Assisted Living place. We had a great lunch and was glad to see everyone after so long. We hadn’t seen Louise in at least 10 years. After lunch, I took Mom and Tracy back to Assisted Living while Louise drove to my house. I got home and Wo7 and Louise were having a great time talking at the kitchen table. Louise stayed for dinner and we made corn tortillas and beef and chicken enchiladas. We packed the chandelier into her car and she drove back to VA Beach. Very good day, but busy. 

C2740876-9FB6-41F9-98E7-DDA79A80CBDC.jpeg

1EFBDE8F-DC3A-4FD9-9094-0AE3A293B6EE.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I worked at work. Finished the crane rewiring job, it does not work the way I had hoped it would.   :scratchhead:

I think they are going to have to call in an expert, who will probably want to spend more money than they want to.  :dontknow:

It started raining as I left work and continued off & on all night.

Made a Tater Tot casserole for dinner, won't do that again.

Went to bed and slept well.

Now to accomplish something today  :happyanim:

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Rained like hell yesterday, part of the basement cement floor is wet but not anywhere near the now-covered outdoor stairwell and door.  The heavy clay soil develops channels and the communities basements are often plagued with water eventually forcing its way into basements. There has been water working its way in during fierce storms ever since that 5.8 earthquake in 2011 so this isn't a new development.  I guess the next step, after I get settled in, is to re-waterproof the walls down there.  I'll pick up a cheap floor fan at Lowe's, open the windows and door and help it dry.

Today, I have to tire myself out and get to sleep early: I have to get up a 3:30 am Monday in order to take my nephew Ryan to the airport by 5 am for a 7 am flight to Phoenix to begin his airline steward training.  So I'm heading to Lowe's soon to get a manual sidewalk edging half-moon shovel, a spade, a rake and maybe some other tools in addition to the floor fan.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Went on a walk with daughter, SIL & smokey.  Ran some errands & then had to decide whether or not to go bathroom tile shopping with my daughter or stay home with the MIL. I stayed home, put in my earphones & watched videos/napped.  Made dinner & had a nice family dinner. 

• Heart 2