This Weekend

Parr8hed

10 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

We rented one for the week.  I would love to have one as well but they are crazy expensive right now.  

5 miles south of me there is a city that's on a bunch of canals. I bike thru there almost daily. Anywho, I don't understand why people have golf carts to ride to the marina & DQ :wacko: But I always see them on the road.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

5 miles south of me there is a city that's on a bunch of canals. I bike thru there almost daily. Anywho, I don't understand why people have golf carts to ride to the marina & DQ :wacko: But I always see them on the road.

You need to be about 15 years older to understand:D

Emmy's coach just bought one.  It has cool lights around it.  Stereo, etc.  He's taken me cruising around his subdivision on a friday night with a few brews and it's a pretty good time.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Beautiful site and looks relaxing, but the grill/campfire pit is a little overkill. What ever happened to the metal/cast iron box grill on a post? Also, I assume the 30 amp hookups are out of the picture. Still will be nice at night viewing the stars with aa roaring fire in the fireplace.

30 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Beautiful site and looks relaxing, but the grill/campfire pit is a little overkill. What ever happened to the metal/cast iron box grill on a post? Also, I assume the 30 amp hookups are out of the picture. Still will be nice at night viewing the stars with aa roaring fire in the fireplace.

Yea, 50 and 30 amp hook ups with water, sewer and cable as well.  They don't want people messing up their nice stamped concrete.  So the old metal fire pits are out.  I hate to say it, but at resorts like this campfires are becoming less frequent.  Most state parks still has the cast iron grill grates at your sites.  

33 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Plus, it will be about 5000 degrees in TN this weekend.  We may bot even need to build a faar.

57 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Have a great time.  Make sure Jenny gets to relax.

I drive, I set up.  The men cook and sit around and drink beer and pretty much leave the women folk alone.  If she can't relax under those circumstances then it ain't gonna happen.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Gump said:

Will there be Coors Light?

In TN? More likely some Shine. On the same subject watching a show on PBS, of all networks, and learned of a distillery in the neighboring county that I will have to check out. To make matters worse, I've been there! It is next to a great German Bakery that is a road destination for bicyclist in the middle of nowhere. Would walk over to the country farm store with pick your own blueberries fields. They have apparently expanded the operation to include an active/licensed distillery. Definitely on my to-do list. Around Mt Dora which is my biking start point and relatively convenient to Disney in the town of Yalaha.  Moonshine Distillery in Lake County, Florida — Yalaha Bootlegging Co. at Blue Bayou Farms

• Heart 1