MIL Got Shut Down!

ChrisL

8 minutes ago, smudge said:

Glad you all stood up to her and the shenanigans.

There was a part two but the post was getting long.

Short version, my son called her out for ordering a $40 crab & shrimp salad. The only item pricier was a whole lobster at market price.  My son was sitting next to her and said gramma, you know my parents are going to pay, why did you order the most expensive item on the menu?

She looked at him and stuck her tongue out like a 5 YO… My son just shook his head & looked away.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Time for some ground rules.  Sit down at tablae and announce to everyone that  you are good for $20 per person.  If they want to go over that, they can get a separate check and pay for their own meal themselves.

My family knows the deal as we get take out often. We usually pay for the meal & they just Venmo us the amount for their meal.  My daughter Venmo’d us their & her  MIL meal . 

It’s not my family I’m worried about though as they don’t screw us.  I fully expected her to order that salad or the lobster, it was her reaction to my sons comment that surprised me. 

19 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I’ve been to that outlet mall. I think I took photos in the restroom because the baby changing table had a velvet cover. The whole place was bling. 

The one just south of Dana Point near San Clemente? For an outlet mall it is kinda bougie but I didn’t use the restroom there.  

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The one just south of Dana Point near San Clemente? For an outlet mall it is kinda bougie but I didn’t use the restroom there.  

Yes. 
We took a restroom stop in our way from LA to San Marcos where mr.’s aunt lives. I think we also wanted to get a swimming suit for #2 son. We didn’t find a swimming suit, though. 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Yes. 
We took a restroom stop in our way from LA to San Marcos where mr.’s aunt lives. I think we also wanted to get a swimming suit for #2 son. We didn’t find a swimming suit, though. 

That places opened a few years ago.  Probably the nicest outlet around.

41 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My family knows the deal as we get take out often. We usually pay for the meal & they just Venmo us the amount for their meal.  My daughter Venmo’d us their & her  MIL meal . 

It’s not my family I’m worried about though as they don’t screw us.  I fully expected her to order that salad or the lobster, it was her reaction to my sons comment that surprised me. 

Even better.  Just have a card printed with your Venmo details and pass it around the table and let everyone know they are paying for their meal.  Watch her enjoy her water.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1