Colonoscopy canceled

Longjohn

My primary care doctor told me I was overdo for a colonoscopy, she said she would have them call me and set up an appointment. A month later I get an email with a link to  make my appointment. I click on the link, it says I can’t schedule appointments from the link, call the office. I didn’t call. Another month went by and I get a phone call wanting me to make an appointment. I said ok, they scheduled me a month away which was today. I get a call last week telling me to bring my insurance card, my vaccination card, my cow-pay, and wear a mask. I drive in to Hermitage this morning for the appointment and while I am signing in the doctor comes out and says he just talked to my primary and found out I’m on Brilinta. He can’t do a colonoscopy while I’m on Brilinta and I won’t be off it until March of 2022. He sent me home and said he will have my primary order the poop in the box test for me.

🤯

My oncologist wanted to order a bone marrow biopsy and said she couldn’t do it because of the Brilinta.

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

So you went through prep and then got canceled?  That sucks.

59 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Please tell us you didn't take the prep that they had to order, knowing you were on Brilinta. That is almost malpractice.

This was the consultation when they were to set up the date of the procedure and schedule everything and do the explaining. The basically unnecessary appointment. At least I hadn’t paid my $35.00 co-pay yet.