I Assume It Is Fine To Spoil Olympic Events?

Razors Edge

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

People actually watch the Olympic Games? 

Man, on the list of things to watch on TV, the Olympics (good bad or indifferent) are still easily top 5% of viewing options.  Sure, there is some better stuff on the TV, but the Olympics are still easy and interesting to watch.  Certainly more interesting than a regular season sporting event. Certainly more so than almost any sitcom or drama or series.  Assuming someone has finite TV watching time (hopefully pretty limited), the Olympics are a reasonable piece of the pie.

Of course, if one watches NO TV, then yeah, the Olympics are not a great reason to go out and buy a TV or a cable subscription.

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Man, on the list of things to watch on TV, the Olympics (good bad or indifferent) are still easily top 5% of viewing options.  Sure, there is some better stuff on the TV, but the Olympics are still easy and interesting to watch.  Certainly more interesting than a regular season sporting event. Certainly more so than almost any sitcom or drama or series.  Assuming someone has finite TV watching time (hopefully pretty limited), the Olympics are a reasonable piece of the pie.

Of course, if one watches NO TV, then yeah, the Olympics are not a great reason to go out and buy a TV or a cable subscription.

I have three types streaming services. The olympics are not top on their list of streaming.. Yah.. there is a channel for the games, but there are a lot of other things I can stream and watch. Personally I'm not starting to watch more movies then TV shows.. I get lost in the movies and just like to turn my brain off from everything else. TV shows are good for it also, but not nearly as long. 

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I have three types streaming services.

Peacock has "free" (and pay) streaming options.  But clearly, folks have their favorite shows to watch or things to do.  I find Olympics are definitely a "turn off the brain" thing, but also, could, if the sport was "your sport", be pretty darn fun to watch.  Real Life takes priority to all TV, so I just tape the bits I might like, and watch at my leisure or just delete.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

If I happen to be watching an olympic event, I will post in real time if I am going to post about it, however unlikely it may be.  Especially dressage and the other shitsports.

j/k, I won't watch dressage or the other shitsports.

If you don't watch the equestrian events, you won't get to hear the announcers mention Jessica Springsteen's father every other minute. :nodhead:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1