Why are testicles external?

Randomguy

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

So that when necessary you can install a zipper.

It seems weird that chicks have theirs all hidden and locked in place, yet our nads are flying around everywhere for the world to see, examine, and fondle.  The fondling part is fine, I am not complaining about that.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, that is what they tell us, but it makes it seem that they are poorly designed if they can't just stay at body temperature.  

Honestly, it wasn't really  a "design" function as much as a "this works better than the other ways that have been tried".  Evolution is pretty good at sorting through that sort of thing.  Our ancestors who had externally cooled ball sacks seemed to win out - maybe through the "ooh, that dude's ball sack is sexy so I want to jump HIS bones" or the little soldiers, being cool calm and collected were able to storm the castle far better than their warm sleepy and slow to act rivals.  Likely a side-effect of being warm-blooded? 

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Honestly, it wasn't really  a "design" function as much as a "this works better than the other ways that have been tried".  Evolution is pretty good at sorting through that sort of thing.  Our ancestors who had externally cooled ball sacks seemed to win out - maybe through the "ooh, that dude's ball sack is sexy so I want to jump HIS bones" or the little soldiers, being cool calm and collected were able to storm the castle far better than their warm sleepy and slow to act rivals.  Likely a side-effect of being warm-blooded? 

It is stupid to have them out and subject to animal attacks, insect bites, various and sundry itchies, and the lascivious gazes of wanton tarts.