Some glamping pics

jsharr

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

planning the route

Yay maps!    I'll assume somewhere there is a compass (most likely more than one).

I hope, none of the cell phone GPS navigation crap...  

When I got older...  (which is a long time ago now)  I also have used a Garmin hand held GPS, that uses AA batteries, that last for a long time, and extra batteries are easy to carry. 

• Heart 2

54 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yay maps!    I'll assume somewhere there is a compass (most likely more than one).

When I got older...  (which is a long time ago now)  I also have used a Garmin hand held GPS, that uses AA batteries, that last for a long time, and extra batteries are easy to carry. 

Chances are slim for cell reception up there...

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

Map and compass for sure .  They also spent quite a bit of time looking at landmarks counting the number of coves or inlets they were passing and to a certain extent all of the portages appear brown when you look at the shore everything else was lush and green so they could navigate by side on the smaller passages

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, jsharr said:

They also spent quite a bit of time looking at landmarks counting the number of coves or inlets they were passing and to a certain extent all of the portages appear brown when you look at the shore everything else was lush and green so they could navigate by side on the smaller passages

Yeah... I remember doing that too.   You GOT to pay attention canoeing or hiking.   

Learning 'old school' navigation is THE way to do this.  No cell service, and/or dead battery... and you can still navigate.  

• Heart 1