Jump to content

anniversary gift ideas


Parr8hed
 Share

Recommended Posts

My anniversary just kinda snuck up on me.  (I am sure my wife has forgotten as well)

It's tomorrow.  21 years.  We will be pulling the camper to TN.  We will be there with the kids and 3 other families.  

Today I work 5-2:45.  Home by 3:15 and then take the daughter to hitting lessons from 4-5, then practice from 6 to 8:30.  So, not a lot of free time today to shop.

So what can I pick up quickly for her?  Just something to say "I remembered".  Some flowers to put in the camper, some chocolate, maybe a bottle of wine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Spell happy anniversary in bacon on the Blackstone

Perfect.

 

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Maybe some cooking stuff.  Chicks dig cooking stuff.  Maybe an apron or somesuch.  Tell her you will make her life easier by training the dog to get beers instead of her always getting them.  Cleaning stuff goes over well, too.

You are welcome.

Maybe a new vacuum cleaner?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Just something to say "I remembered".

Jewelry...  that's ALLWAYS a good gift.   You just won't have any 'private time together' until you get home.  Unless you convince the other families to take the kids for a while.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

Jewelry...  that's ALLWAYS a good gift.   You just won't have any 'private time together' until you get home.  Unless you convince the other families to take the kids for a while.

 

Get the rubber sheets.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'm not sure giving a spouse a concussion for an anniversary gift will go over very well...

 

I would suggest window treatments, instead.

and make sure the curtains match the carpet.

  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'm not sure giving a spouse a concussion for an anniversary gift will go over very well...

 

I would suggest window treatments, instead.

Funny thing is my wife  was the one who concussed me!  Accidental of course, or that’s what she said!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Funny thing is my wife  was the one who concussed me!  Accidental of course, or that’s what she said!!!

did she hit you with the new vacuum cleaner or the curtain rod?

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

did she hit you with the new vacuum cleaner or the curtain rod?

Neither, gauging the width of a bathroom mirror at the store and lifted her arms up to see if it was big enough. I leaned in to look while she lifted her arms up and she cracked me in the back of the head with her watch. 

After 3 previous concussions in the past 5 years, all due to impacts to the back of the head it doesn’t take much anymore…

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Neither, gauging the width of a bathroom mirror at the store and lifted her arms up to see if it was big enough. I leaned in to look while she lifted her arms up and she cracked me in the back of the head with her watch. 

After 3 previous concussions in the past 5 years, all due to impacts to the back of the head it doesn’t take much anymore…

soooo, was the watch a gift from you.....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jsharr said:

soooo, was the watch a gift from you.....?

Actually the kids.. They bought her an Apple Watch as they could never get in touch with her as she kept her phone in her purse…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'ma thinking a nice new pistol.

Down here: make your selection, fill out the paperwork, wait while they get the ATF clearance, walk out the door. Total time ~20 minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A gift bag that you bring with you to TN.  A bottle of champagne (or her favorite wine), some chocolate/pastry type treat and some time away from the kids to enjoy them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kirby said:

A gift bag that you bring with you to TN.  A bottle of champagne (or her favorite wine), some chocolate/pastry type treat and some time away from the kids to enjoy them.

Yep. The best way to enjoy kids is send them away! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...