Goo Gone <rant>

Dirtyhip

These product design people are idiots.  Why design a bottle of hightly caustic paint and goo remover in a bottle that tips over when the wind touches it.  This is so stupid.  These bottles that some of the manufaturers use seem like they were designed to tip.

Grrr

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is so frustrating when they make bottles that are tall, but have a two inch base.  It's fucking stupid.  

I think it was likely in response to consumer wishes - cut the packaging, reduce the footprint, save the environment!

You asked, you received.  The old bottles worked a charm but were so anti-green!

• Heart 1

I stopped using goo gone when it marred the finish on a new bike. I was taking off all the manufacturers safety stickers and used goo gone to get the glue residue off.  I had a permanent dull spot on the top tube by the head tube…

Anymore I use WD40 to get glue residue off. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I stopped using goo gone when it marred the finish on a new bike. I was taking off all the manufacturers safety stickers and used goo gone to get the glue residue off.  I had a permanent dull spot on the top tube by the head tube…

Anymore I use WD40 to get glue residue off. 

Did you use paper towel? Paper towels will scratch the paint leaving it dull.

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think it was likely in response to consumer wishes - cut the packaging, reduce the footprint, save the environment!

You asked, you received.  The old bottles worked a charm but were so anti-green!

It woud be the same amount of pastic.  just make is shorter and wider. 

The contact cement people know how to design something that will not tip.

38 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

These product design people are idiots.  Why design a bottle of hightly caustic paint and goo remover in a bottle that tips over when the wind touches it.  This is so stupid.  These bottles that some of the manufaturers use seem like they were designed to tip.

Grrr

Don't you put yours in some sort of cup or holder so it won't fall over.  If not, never buy super glue.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So what did you spill your goo gone on?

The cement deck.  It stained it.  I set it down and it just fell over.  

I was in the grocry recently.  This little lady was buyng propel bottles.  She set them down and could barely set them on the conveyer without it tipping over.  More fucking stupidity from product designers.

• Sad 1