Nesting

Dirtyhip

My thing is finding how much color I can include. I like neutral everything, but mr. wants a little color. So we have a red this and a teal that. Half our kitchen towels are white flour sack material, half are madras print. 

• Heart 1

BuffCarla does a nice job with making our house homey. I’m not real handy, but yesterday we got a new sink and garbage disposal installed in the kitchen. It was a $1200 dollar job when all is said and done, but it is a big improvement. She also redid the guest room recently, and made it very nice when we do have visitors.  

7 hours ago, BuffJim said:

BuffCarla does a nice job with making our house homey. I’m not real handy, but yesterday we got a new sink and garbage disposal installed in the kitchen. It was a $1200 dollar job when all is said and done, but it is a big improvement. She also redid the guest room recently, and made it very nice when we do have visitors.  

You need to train BuffCarla.  My daughters can both do plumbing and electrical repairs. :)

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

One thing I learned about myself is my 2-dimensional art skills don't translate for 3-D interior design skills. (Sculpturing and ceramics weren't my thing in art courses.)  I don't have the knack of beautiful cohesive decorated rooms.   I have fairly good sewing /tailoring skills but in a different direction which excludes sofa covers, etc. I have never sewn curtains but probably could..and now never needed to sew curtains because places have blinds.

I have a problem of too much of my own artwork (paintings) and framed artwork from artists bought over the decades.  

I have a friend who is a water color artist..a few years ago she had a hemorrhagic stroke...once she recovered..she had a huge art sale..she runs in streaks with her subjects..landscape, butterflies, birds, flowers..everything!! One of the things she did was birds nests..as a symbol of home and "nesting"...She put one in the collage she painted for my place of work...I bought a smaller one...and sent it to Suzie Q when she bought her house..

Hmmm..I should see if she has any nest paintings....you could get one too.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I have a friend who is a water color artist..a few years ago she had a hemorrhagic stroke...once she recovered..she had a huge art sale..she runs in streaks with her subjects..landscape, butterflies, birds, flowers..everything!! One of the things she did was birds nests..as a symbol of home and "nesting"...She put one in the collage she painted for my place of work...I bought a smaller one...and sent it to Suzie Q when she bought her house..

Hmmm..I should see if she has any nest paintings....you could get one too.

would love to see photos of her artwork..