Fence confusion

MickinMD

A bad day.  Burned out a 10" Worx electric chainsaw motor ($85 replacement arrives tomorrow) and more work for me the contractor's not handling, but at least the contractor's stuff is not adding a huge amount to my costs.

The contractor's financial person emailed me today, saying she was under the impression from the contractor that I was going to arrange for the new fence to be put up - they took the old one down and have $2217.39 in funds to go toward the new fence.  That's about $500 less than I expected but they have $450 more left over to spend on my house than they estimated two weeks ago.

The original fence was 3' chainlink and a few friends and my brother recommended a 4' chainlink replacement.  i got a rough online estimate of $4485 for 160' of fence plus three small swinging gates, so I may spend a little more than expected to do the extra foot.  So it all works out ok but I'm still a little pissed at the mixup.  I'll be getting real quotes starting tomorrow.

Additionally the $3000 I paid because my 1/2" water line was no longer up to code and had to be replaced by 3/4" line did NOT include "landscaping," including the small section of sidewalk they tore up.  Oh well, a thin piece of wood to protect cement from going into the exposed meter chamber and some Sakrete and Sakrete Top and Bond Patcher is another job I now have:

20210720_173652_900p.jpg.bb550e95e07059994591b74df2aae340.jpg

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

How did your chain link fence burn in the fire?

The fire department knocked part of it down while fighting the fire.

They only knocked down 100 of the 160 feet facing the street but offered to pay for 160 feet and I decided to replace the other 60' side out of my own pocket.

• Heart 2