Hey...the weekend starts the end of the workday tomorrow

petitepedal

July is almost gone...what ya got planned!

I hope to get at least a short ride in..but heat, humidity and smoke are all issues. My trainer was surprised I walked on Monday :dontknow: Tonight was better than Tuesday or Wednesday..but a slight change in the wind...or a local fire can change things pretty quick. It is dry here..cities are putting watering restrictions in place.  Tonight the forecast thru next Thursday showed highs in the 90's...every day..We use to average like 3 to 5 days in the 90's a summer..usually late August..State Fair time...not this year...

So keeping cool and laying low...or may be chilling is a better response as to my plans :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Family BBQ Sat, my siblings are getting together for the first time since Covid.  Bad timing as our area is increasing in cases but we are all vaccinated. 

Surprise Bday outing to the LA Zoo Sunday for my daughters MIL. I’m trying to take tomorrow off as I have a lot to do but work is really busy.

Pizza Friday! I made dough this morning. It’s in the fridge so it won’t over proof. Start the sauce when I get home and pull the dough out to warm while I run to the store for green peppers and sausage. 
Bike ride Saturday morning, yard work, bake an apple pie for my neighbors memorial event on Sunday. Ziggy’s son said the American Legion is doing something Sunday from 9-1 so I’ll take the pie over there and drop it off. Just chilling on Sunday, the Harley Davidson parade will be by sometime on Sunday. 

First in a contiguous series of Fridays off during the summer drive season.  Got up late, made RG pancakes (contains oatmeal) containing and topped with peaches and blueberries.  Sort of a sugar bomb, so can;t do that very often - gotta prolong the life of my pancreatic beta cells!  Now I need to get oot for more weeding since I got a late start on enjoying the glorious weather day. Had a good discussion wit cheese. :)  Y'all should check oot the comics forum - good times!

• Heart 1

In Alberta, (was in S-Stars backyard yesterday) helping D1 and her fiance move from one apartment to another.  

When I got here last night and asked how many friends were lined up to help with the move, they both looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate and eventually said "Just you".  Yay.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

In Alberta, (was in S-Stars backyard yesterday) helping D1 and her fiance move from one apartment to another.  

When I got here last night and asked how many friends were lined up to help with the move, they both looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate and eventually said "Just you".  Yay.

That is a nice supplement to the "deer in the headlights" look. :D

• Heart 1

At 5 AM tomorrow we head out to a week on the beach in a private house in Santa Rosa Beach FL.   Fishing trip may or may not happen.  Our charter captain reached out to us today to let us know his fuel tank ruptured and they have to cut the boat apart to replace it......  He is trying to find us another captain for the trip.  I will not go on a group boat, just one with my family.

We also have a carriage ride planned, again, only with family, not with a group.

Property Grounds

Balcony

I plan to spend a lot of time on the screen porch with a book and a cocktail.  A LOT OF TIME

Balcony

• Heart 1

Took today off. Went to the nature preserve. Saw the Sandhill Cranes, Ospreys, Bald Eagles, Cedar Waxwings, Warblers, Blue Herons, White Egrets, Goldfinches, Canada Geese, Robins and more. Fabulous weather for it. 
Sunday BuffCarla and I are heading to my Moms to spend a week with her. We’ll both be working. 

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Sounds like the time I helped my sister and her husband move. Start at 10:00 am, I prefer an earlier start but, not my move. Get there and they have packed nothing. There are empty beer bottles on the coffee table and a full ashtray along with scattered papers and magazines. I ripped them both a new one. Move took twice as long as it should have.