Traveling isn’t what it used to be

Gump

Just drove 2000 miles over three days and I’m beat. Years ago i would have done the same drive with just a couple naps in the car. Used to do Florida straight through in about 22 hours. Once drove from White Fox Sask. to NY straight through. Not any mote🙁

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

Years ago my son did the CT to FL trip straight. We gave him hell for doing that and insist that he stop for a 2 day trip. For us, found that Rocky Mount NC or a little further across the Virginia border is a nice stopping point with decent selection of hotels and restaurants. Now doing an extra 100 miles swinging west and avoiding that DC to NJ toll route along 1-95.

Biggest change saw when driving, what use to be a breakfast bar at the hotel is now a prepared bag given out at desk. Perhaps they will loosen that and return to the self serve buffet...with hot selection.

The other, mandatory masks in airports and plane, after 18 hours, the wearing of a mask wasn't bad however the elastic band did begin cutting into the back of the ear. Looked forward to meals and drinks to remove the mask.

Turning it into a 1 day drive has us thinking about moving to the VA/NC area.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, Gump said:

Just drove 2000 miles over three days and I’m beat. Years ago i would have done the same drive with just a couple naps in the car. Used to do Florida straight through in about 22 hours. Once drove from White Fox Sask. to NY straight through. Not any mote🙁

At 41, I drove about 1750 miles from Gillette, SD to Baltimore in 25 hours.  We were going to stop in Ohio and find a motel but I felt good enough that we decided to get to the PA Turnpike and pull off and doze for a few hours at one of the many places where truck drivers did the same.  But I felt good enough to keep going all the way home.

Now at 70, about 1/3 that distance and time is the limit.