Shopping for things in my new home, I thought of Fight Club

Dirtyhip

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I bought a bunch of new thngs.  Some of my things were tattered.  Stained tea towels, dingy sheets, etc.  So I bought all new things for the new place.  As I shopped for new kitchen towels, there were so many choices.  What defines me as a person in my kitchen.  Should I pick the kitty in the chef hat towels, the word towels with "Love, Eat, Pray..." or the standard white linen with colored striped towels.  

In the end I bought the ones that looked like they belonged in commercial kitchen.  There is nothing funny or ironic about them.  Just good cotton towels.   

We also needed a new little sugar bowl for the table.  I found that at the thrift shop.  I found a hand made sugar bowl from some pottery shop in Bandon, OR.  It still had the sticker on it.  $1.59.  

Good choice on the towels!  My daughter is busy buying for her home.  She now has a fine collection of vintage Pyrex bowls and cookware she has been picking up on FB Marketplace. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

So... I know I'm getting old and I'm tired now... but...    What did I miss about the reference to Fight Club?    I'm confused....   

Where he is talking about all the trappings he qas aquiring for his apartment.  The yin yang coffee table, etc.  I remember that line..."What kind of dining set defines me as a person?”

That is the reference I was taling about.

• Heart 2

30 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Where he is talking about all the trappings he qas aquiring for his apartment.  The yin yang coffee table, etc.  I remember that line..."What kind of dining set defines me as a person?”

That is the reference I was taling about.

Now I need to watch the Fight Club again...    That's one thing WoBG and I noticed...  some older movies are 'new' again.   

9 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I bought a bunch of new thngs.  Some of my things were tattered.  Stained tea towels, dingy sheets, etc.  So I bought all new things for the new place.  As I shopped for new kitchen towels, there were so many choices.  What defines me as a person in my kitchen.  Should I pick the kitty in the chef hat towels, the word towels with "Love, Eat, Pray..." or the standard white linen with colored striped towels.  

In the end I bought the ones that looked like they belonged in commercial kitchen.  There is nothing funny or ironic about them.  Just good cotton towels.   

We also needed a new little sugar bowl for the table.  I found that at the thrift shop.  I found a hand made sugar bowl from some pottery shop in Bandon, OR.  It still had the sticker on it.  $1.59.  

My focus lately has been on the old stuff outside the wasn't in the fire and now looks out of place at my new home.  Today I got rid of the stumps of a forsythia bush and some other stuff that would be harder to do when my new fence goes up.  I'm going to need a new railing to replace the 60 year-old one around my basement steps and got rid of some of the growth around it today.

I'm out of shape, but getting a little better every day and I'm able to spend a little more work time each day. My 70 year-old knees took a beating. I ordered a good pair of knee pads from Amazon - the ones at the local stores are cheap looking - and they'll arrive tomorrow.

• Heart 1