So, my daughters wedding last summer was postponed.

Wilbur

29 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I'd accept anything to stop Wilburette from marrying that idiot hippy. You on the other hand should not participate or help her in this foolishness.  

Make the hippy pay for it. 

Fly everyone to Greenville.   :)

I'll shuttle everyone in the cabriolet then get the bride lost.  :slow-dance-smiley:

I am rooting for you Cheese but you must secure a nice country home in the mean time.  :) 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It is again this year and she is awaiting dates to accomplish it next summer.  She wants to get married before we lose any of the remaining grandparents so has decided to have a ceremony this year, then the dress up and reception next year as it is all paid for. 

Talking to my boss about this, he suggests a destination wedding.  I said, the aging family members don't want the hassle of travel so he tells me to take the plane.  Just not to Europe. :) 

To fly out to Vancouver and back is about $50,000.00.  Nice wedding gift.  

Would you accept it? 

Nice offer by your boss re the plane.

I'm lost here...is that price tag transportation/accommodation/reception meal?  You must tell us post-wedding where the spot was in Vancouver...and where you guys ate. I'm behaving like a guest..really it's the reception place and the food.  The wedding gown is just for the photos...to reminisce in a graceful way.

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't want to be or feel beholden to anyone.  I turned down the offer, as kind as it was.

Maybe there would be no strings attached... but...  the first thing I though about was, what will be ask be from you boss at a later date.  I guess I just see the downside of some things.

WoBG and I attended a wedding for the first time since 2019 just 2 weeks ago.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I don't want to be or feel beholden to anyone.  I turned down the offer, as kind as it was.  :) 

This was a wrong decision.  :(

He has a store in Greenville. Your job was to take his gracious offer and make it work for all. 

Shame on you.  

• Sad 1

I probably would have turned it down because I'd worry that even if the gift was sincere and with no strings, something might come up that would complicate  the plans or cause him to cancel due to some emergency.  I"d worry that somehow the plans would get messed up at the last minute and then I'd have to make alternate arrangements.  I wouldn't want to be responsible for something that would play such an integral role in the plans.

But I think he was probably sincere and there wasn't an ulterior motive to the offer.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Nice offer by your boss re the plane.

I'm lost here...is that price tag transportation/accommodation/reception meal?  You must tell us post-wedding where the spot was in Vancouver...and where you guys ate. I'm behaving like a guest..really it's the reception place and the food.  The wedding gown is just for the photos...to reminisce in a graceful way.

That is the cost of operating the aircraft.  The wedding expenses are mine.  :) 

8 hours ago, Kirby said:

I probably would have turned it down because I'd worry that even if the gift was sincere and with no strings, something might come up that would complicate  the plans or cause him to cancel due to some emergency.  I"d worry that somehow the plans would get messed up at the last minute and then I'd have to make alternate arrangements.  I wouldn't want to be responsible for something that would play such an integral role in the plans.

But I think he was probably sincere and there wasn't an ulterior motive to the offer.

He is a genuinely nice guy who didn't make his money until he was in his 50's.  He is very much rooted in middle class-dom. :)  He is very generous to his employees and plans to share his wealth with those who helped create it.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1