Ziggy Pie

Parsnip Totin Jack

On 7/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, Old No. 7 said:

Actually it’s apple pie. I made it for my neighbor Ziggy who has recently, or will soon, leave this mortal coil. There is a life celebration event at the local American Legion tomorrow. A parade of Harley motorcycles will roll past Ziggy’s house tomorrow sometime. 

84E34E80-7194-4E4D-8865-3297C1694C00.jpeg

So how did things go ?

8 hours ago, Further said:

So how did things go ?

I took the pie to the American Legion at 9. Riders were already lining up. I dropped the pie off inside and left. The AL is very fraternal; I definitely felt like a trespasser. They’d wave back but still give me the stink eye cause they’d never seen me before. The motorcycle parade didn’t come down our street, just the cross street. Our street is really a court. A dead end. It would have been hard to roll up and around for 100 bikes. Besides, I think Ziggy passed last week. This was more of a memorial run. A line of cars came up waving signs “Ziggy Rocks” and flags and stuff. Quiet but nice. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

When I am close to death, I would like a non-burned peach pie and maybe some real grape pie (if it even exists).

Can you make sure that happens?

I will try. I only burned one peach pie; it was because someone wanted sugar on top. I also found a recipe for grape pie. 

• Awesome 1