Zephyr's 1,000 miles in a day challenge

Square Wheels

1,000 mile challenge  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What day can you commit to riding?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2021 at 03:59 AM

If there isn't one day that works for people, could we pick a couple days and add the totals?  Each person picks one day within a specified period as "their" day so there's no double counting.  It could spread the fun as we see the total grow during the period.  One day would be best, but schedules can be difficult.  Just an idea if we can't find a day that works.

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Should we combine the dates and make it a 1,000-mile weekend instead?  Fewer options, maybe a better chance of getting participation.

I would suggest we try for a 1,000 mile day to start, with the option for people to ride on Sunday 8/22 if they wish.

That would make the 1,000 mile day a 'stretch' goal.  If we don't make that but make the 1,000 mile weekend that still a good community effort.

And it would still leave the 1,000 mile day goal out there to attempt again.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

@Razors Edge, I don't see your vote.  @ChrisL, how about you?  @Road Runner, we can count on you for a few miles.  @Randomguy what say you?

Oh sorry I thought we already picked the 21st??? I can do any of those days so I’ll pick the one with the most votes already but if happens to change to another day/weekend all good with me.

• Heart 2

On 7/27/2021 at 7:33 AM, Square Wheels said:

@Razors Edge, I don't see your vote.  @ChrisL, how about you?  @Road Runner, we can count on you for a few miles.  @Randomguy what say you?

I went with 22nd as that will be a 100 mile day for me (assuming not an AM thunderstorm).  I will likely have no more than 30 miles on the 21st (if I ride at all), but on the other weekends, 7/8, 14/15 and 28/29, I will surely ride one or both days, so 30-50 miles depending on what folks decide here.

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I went with 22nd as that will be a 100 mile day for me (assuming not an AM thunderstorm).  I will likely have no more than 30 miles on the 21st (if I ride at all), but on the other weekends, 7/8, 14/15 and 28/29, I will surely ride one or both days, so 30-50 miles depending on what folks decide here.

It's looking like it will be the 21st.  I'm going to have to ask you to change your plans.

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Square Wheels said:

It's looking like it will be the 21st.  I'm going to have to ask you to change your plans.

I checked with the ride organizers.  They said they would consider a date change if they receive - in writing and on official letterhead - a request from the SWCF Board of Directors with notarized signatures from the President, Secretary, and Treasurer as well as a fully refundable deposit of $5,000.  I think we can swing this change if you really need it!

Otherwise, I gotta think there are 20 folks here who can ride a measly 50 miles on your day in question.

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I checked with the ride organizers.  They said they would consider a date change if they receive - in writing and on official letterhead - a request from the SWCF Board of Directors with notarized signatures from the President, Secretary, and Treasurer as well as a fully refundable deposit of $5,000.  I think we can swing this change if you really need it!

Otherwise, I gotta think there are 20 folks here who can ride a measly 50 miles on your day in question.

It won't hurt to ask them.  You need to be a team player.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, we can compromise, ride 100 both days.

I'll be driving 100 (more actually) on that Sat.  Headed up to a family get-together, so likely zippo for me on Sat.  But I can turn on my Garmin and get some credit for the team, I guess???

What day do you need me?  I have my titanium road bike working now and actually rode it the other day.  But You'll be lucky to get 15 out of me on that.  And since it's been all work for the last month, you'll be lucky to get 30 on my ebike.  So what I'm saying is this -- I'm good for about 20 miles using all ebike or a combo.  Just tell me when.