Homemade broth

Dirtyhip

Homemade is always the best way.  I roasted beef bones, and veggies and then put them in the insta for a couple hours.  I make this and keep them in wide mouth mason jars in the freezer.  I do not know how to properly pressure can beef broth and I am scared to try.  

Been having so much fun in my new kitchen. I thought it as going to be small and awkward but it is just fine.  I absolutely love my oven and vent hood and I love my dine in kitchen.  Everyone says it reminds them of farmstyle eating.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Eventually you will run out of freezer room. I was like you and feared the pressure cooker but learned how it worked and recently used it to can shrimp stock for barbecued shrimp. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup and the small jelly jars hold about half a cup. Win win and there’s no defrosting jars of stock. Wo7 found the pressure cooker and lots of accessories for sale on Nextdoor. Someone thought they would can stuff for the Covid apocalypse, got scared and never canned anything but they did lose a lot of money selling the stuff. 

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Eventually you will run out of freezer room. I was like you and feared the pressure cooker but learned how it worked and recently used it to can shrimp stock for barbecued shrimp. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup and the small jelly jars hold about half a cup. Win win and there’s no defrosting jars of stock. Wo7 found the pressure cooker and lots of accessories for sale on Nextdoor. Someone thought they would can stuff for the Covid apocalypse, got scared and never canned anything but they did lose a lot of money selling the stuff. 

Shush, you.  I can always buy a bigger freezer.  HAHA, I jest. We only have a 1/2 of the cow aptly named Cheesyburger.

I would not pressure can foods with the insta.  That is old school wichcraft.  We have to ask Digital about that.  @Digital_photog

My friend from the commune told me that she told them she did not want the bones.  I was like "WHAT?!" She told me "I don't have time for that shit..."  It made me sad.

15 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Homemade is always the best way.  I roasted beef bones, and veggies and then put them in the insta for a couple hours.  I make this and keep them in wide mouth mason jars in the freezer.  I do not know how to properly pressure can beef broth and I am scared to try.  

Been having so much fun in my new kitchen. I thought it as going to be small and awkward but it is just fine.  I absolutely love my oven and vent hood and I love my dine in kitchen.  Everyone says it reminds them of farmstyle eating.  

I boil the carcass from a whole chicken, on the rare occasions I cook a 5 lb chicken, with onion, carrot and celery to make broth - which I learned from a fellow teacher, but haven't experienced making beef broth.  I'll have to try it.  I've also used it fairly soon after to make soups and stews.  I'll freeze it next time, as I now do with soups, using 30.5 oz plastic containers then popping the frozen cube out after a couple days and sliding it into a marked 1 qt. Ziploc freezer bag.

I hadn't thought of the Instant Pot, which is so versatile!  This week, I'll be making Golabki, Polish Stuffed Cabbage - which also freezes well, and it takes 1 hour in the Instant Pot with less mess than 3 hours in the oven.

image.png.e5e5a5d5de608c6295fdb6f52fbea43d.png image.png.be1a0d4cc6f97b346581a50ca877c9c6.png

image.png.8d7187b0d5df15463990a63f2116c651.png

• Heart 3