You know how pineapple is great on pizza?

Randomguy

1 minute ago, denniS said:

This might call for an intervention. Dirty Harry would kick your ass.

Not even close to being the same thing.  On different universes, actually.

Years ago, I went with juicylucy and 'tude to Crif Dogs, and I got a tsunami dog.  Old-school hot dog, wrapped with bacon and deep-fried, on a bun with teriyaki sauce, pineapple, and scallions.  Perfection!  I didn't have bacon or scallions or teriyaki sauce, so I diced up some deli pickles and deli mustard (out of yellow, doncha know) and defrosted some frozey pineapple from Trader Joe's and then put it together.  I knew it would be good, so I wanted to share.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Not even close to being the same thing.  On different universes, actually.

Years ago, I went with juicylucy and 'tude to Crif Dogs, and I got a tsunami dog.  Old-school hot dog, wrapped with bacon and deep-fried, on a bun with teriyaki sauce, pineapple, and scallions.  Perfection!  I didn't have bacon or scallions or teriyaki sauce, so I diced up some deli pickles and deli mustard (out of yellow, doncha know) and defrosted some frozey pineapple from Trader Joe's and then put it together.  I knew it would be good, so I wanted to share.

I admire your creativity. I would try it. I'll eat almost anything that won't kill me.

fyi, I have some New Glarus in my refrigerator. 

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

not one of your better ideas, RG

It really is good.  I was reluctant when I had that first tsunami dog, too, but it didn't last long.   

People generally do pineapple on pizza wrong, too.  Pineapple is bigger than some stupid ham on pizza, I think that tastes watered down that way.  I am of the opinion that pineapple requires either pepperoni  or bacon (and not that Canadian ham/shit they try to pass off as bacon), plus real kalamata olives (not that rubbery black olive crap the californians tell you is great on pizza when it only takes up space and tastes like rubbery ass).  I have pizza opinions, you see.

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What kind???

Moon Man. college roommate brought it for me. He brought a 12 pack but drank a bunch so I got the remainder. He's hilarious. He admitted to stealing a couple of albums from me in college. I laughed and told him that was great since I lost my records in a flood so he actually saved them for me. 

image.jpeg.252769e6c6b4985c153cbb9d3e45a11a.jpeg

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

"Damn right we know, pineapple is awesome on pizza, RG!" - the forum. 

I know no usch thing.  I could imagine pineapple on a hot dog being not awful, but I eat them so rarely, I'm not going to risk messing up one of the ones I have.

2 minutes ago, denniS said:

Moon Man. college roommate brought it for me. He brought a 12 pack but drank a bunch so I got the remainder. He's hilarious. He admitted to stealing a couple of albums from me in college. I laughed and told him that was great since I lost my records in a flood so he actually saved them for me. 

image.jpeg.252769e6c6b4985c153cbb9d3e45a11a.jpeg

I have actually had it at the brewery!  I think I remember liking it, but I had had a number of beers by then.

• Heart 2

Many cultures mix sweet with savory so I really don’t get the big deal with pineapple on pizza & such.  I dig the aloha burgers with a big ring of pine Ann Lewis on it.

I do think crushed pineapple would be better on pizza & dogs than big ass chunks. I generally pick off the pineapple on pizza. I like the sweetness it adds but don’t want the chunk of pineapple. 

I had a pineapple pizza once.  Not as good as regular pizza.

But when a 2nd cousin, a WW2 Air Force pilot who lived in California, died and was going to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery, we relatives in Maryland and Virginia organized to make the food for a reception in the Arlington hotel the deceased's close relatives from California and Buffalo, NY were staying at.

My sister decided to take a chance on a sweet and sour chicken nuggets recipe she found online that used pineapple and made a crockpot full.  It was the hit of the reception!

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Pineapple is good on pizza when on with spicy pepperoni, fresh mushrooms and banana peppers.  

Our go-to pizza is pineapple, green pepper and ham.  WoKzoo makes a mean spaghetti sauce that includes pineapple along with Italian sausage and other stuff.  We have a local store that is famous locally for their brats - flavored brats.  Pineapple brats are great.  You can't really taste the pineapple in the brats but the sweet is great at offsetting the savory.

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I had a pineapple pizza once.  Not as good as regular pizza.

WRONG!   Inconclusive; we don't know anything about the pizza you ate.   ONLY pineapple, or with weak ingredients like ham or crap CA olives?  Spicy sauce or sugared-up kid's sauce?    Sloppy swampy crust?   Sample size of one, also, so your assessment is problematic on multiple levels...

We are all often wrong on our first assessments especially if you are trusting nincompoops and charlatans to predecide what will be on your pizza ("Hawaiian pizza waste of pineapple") or advise you while in the shop.  No, you need pepperoni or bacon, or maybe even sausage and/or Kalamata olives as a complimenting element to the sweet tang of good pinaeapple.  You also have to watch the moisture levels of you other ingredients, as pineapple can be watery if you couple it with green peppers or an overmoist cheese coupled with a lower-temperature oven.

You have to go to a real place where people actually eat pizza and have eyes open to new ideas other than just "meat pizza" or "supreme pizza" that they sell to flat-earthers and antivaxxers.

57 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

WRONG!   Inconclusive; we don't know anything about the pizza you ate.   ONLY pineapple, or with weak ingredients like ham or crap CA olives?  Spicy sauce or sugared-up kid's sauce?    Sloppy swampy crust?   Sample size of one, also, so your assessment is problematic on multiple levels...

We are all often wrong on our first assessments especially if you are trusting nincompoops and charlatans to predecide what will be on your pizza ("Hawaiian pizza waste of pineapple") or advise you while in the shop.  No, you need pepperoni or bacon, or maybe even sausage and/or Kalamata olives as a complimenting element to the sweet tang of good pinaeapple.  You also have to watch the moisture levels of you other ingredients, as pineapple can be watery if you couple it with green peppers or an overmoist cheese coupled with a lower-temperature oven.

You have to go to a real place where people actually eat pizza and have eyes open to new ideas other than just "meat pizza" or "supreme pizza" that they sell to flat-earthers and antivaxxers.

Maybe sweet and sour pineapple pizza, and maybe bacon brushed with honey, but pineapple with pepperoni?  No-aroni!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

pineapple with pepperoni?  No-aroni!

It is awesome together, seriously.  You ought to give it a real try, just those two ingredients on a pizza from a good place that knows wth it is doing.  You will be a convert.

I don't put pineapple on pizza that often, but it is a good one to get every now and then, change things up in a tasty way.