Petitepedal may be a witch

Dirtyhip

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

it was said lovingly.  

Well, I tried.  It does not come clean.  She needs to teach me her recipe or spell. 

Put a little Dawn dish soap and water on the pan and let it soak. Clean it with a chore boy pad.

It doesn’t really need cleaned off. Did you ever see restaurant or bakery pans? 
The other thing that will take it off is spray on oven cleaner.

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Mine are just old aluminum pans..the people who move out of here..forgot them...if it is any help..I have an old pie tin from "Baker Square"..where when you bought a pie..it came with a pan..and that thing is baked on crusty..and I still use it..:dontknow:. Witch, Snitch or Bitch...depends on the day :whistle:

One of your pans that you like to make pizza on I think is stainless steel. I asked you where you got it and you said a resident left it behind.

11 hours ago, petitepedal said:

that thing is baked on crusty..and I still use it..

This makes perfect sense to me.  I have known people who go to massive lengths to clean cookware like new after every use, I feel those people generally have horrible control-freak lives.  It is cookware, not a showpiece.  It is supposed to look like you use the crap out of it.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This makes perfect sense to me.  I have known people who go to massive lengths to clean cookware like new after every use, I feel those people generally have horrible control-freak lives.  It is cookware, not a showpiece.  It is supposed to look like you use the crap out of it.

I am being a horrible freak about my stove and home.  The stove is completely cleaned everytime I use it. Like, wipe down the entire inside, every time I bake. When I fry and sautee, the top and grates are all wiped down.  In the evening, I wipe down all the counters completely.  This is how monsters live.  You would think they would be messy, but we are quite clean.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am being a horrible freak about my stove and home.  The stove is completely cleaned everytime I use it. Like, wipe down the entire inside, every time I bake. When I fry and sautee, the top and grates are all wiped down.  In the evening, I wipe down all the counters completely.  This is how monsters live.  You would think they would be messy, but we are quite clean.

The stove is different than the baking stuff, but the stove is a new toy for you that brings you joy.  Wiping it and the counters down is not monstrous.  

I would let the inside of the oven go, that is a bit OCD,  It'll get that patina you want after a while.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Airehead said:

I put baking soda on mine. Then peroxide. Then more baking soda. Let sit an hour. 

Clean them? How quaint. Either put them in the recycle bin and get some new ones, or save them for use next time with the enhanced special seasoning that they will bring.