New record on Jeopardy! today...

Bikeguy

I probably would have done worse..  then again I'd probably never qualify to be on the show.

Spoiler

Patrick Pearce broke the record for the largest negative score.  -7400   

The good news..  I knew the response to final Jeopardy.   

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

It seemed to me that there used to be an electronic sound when time was up, but burton kept calling time, which confused me.

The first time that time ran out, the champ answered after time ran out (all the red lights were off), no buzzer, and Burton called out IIRC 'wrong'.  Then seconds later (after another incorrect answer), Patrick gave the same answer as the champ and was correct.  :wacko:   After the first commercial break Burton started calling out 'time'.   Yeah something seemed wrong... 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

The first time that time ran out, the champ answered after time ran out (all the red lights were off), no buzzer, and Burton called out IIRC 'wrong'.  Then seconds later (after another incorrect answer), Patrick gave the same answer as the champ and was correct.  :wacko:   After the first commercial break Burton started calling out 'time'.   Yeah something seemed wrong... 

yeah, I didn’t realize it until Burton announced later that he had answered too late. It was confusing. 

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When I was younger, many people I knew urged me to try out for Jeopardy.

I should have done so, but now I've missed my chance.  I'm now too slow recalling the answer and am behind the times on movies, literature, and some other stuff.

Yeah, my recall time is flagging badly recently. :(

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I'm now too slow recalling the answer

Me too.  But I've always had this problem.  I have lots of data stored in memory, but quickly addressing it and pulling it out is another thing altogether.  

I am always amazed that people like Ken know so much stuff, but I am even more amazed that they seem to have instant access to it.

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Me too.  But I've always had this problem.  I have lots of data stored in memory, but quickly addressing it and pulling it out is another thing altogether.  

I am always amazed that people like Ken know so much stuff, but I am even more amazed that they seem to have instant access to it.

That plus they need to master exactly when to press the button to respond.  And at the same time figure out the correct response.  

Many times I take too much time just trying to figure out what the clue is explaining.  WoBG and I...  what???   No clue about the clue... 

Some times I know the response... if I had a LOT more time it would eventually be recalled. 

Then the are the few times... the contestants never buzz in, and for some reason, WoBG and/or I know the response.  

Some categories, mostly math, science some geography...   I know many of the responses.    Many others categories... it's amazing who knows that kind of stuff and so much of it....

• Heart 2