Thank you, FAA

Wilbur

26 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I take a different view. Moving the goalposts after the kick doesn't mean that the field goal didn't happen.

Sounds like the FAA is jealous and besides wouldn't this be in NASA's purview? Plus what does the rest of the world think?

I’m really not informed at all on the whole thing but what is Bezos doing or not doing that early astronauts did or didn’t do?  Didn’t the early astronauts basically strap a rocket on and go for a ride in space?

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I’m really not informed at all on the whole thing but what is Bezos doing or not doing that early astronauts did or didn’t do?  Didn’t the early astronauts basically strap a rocket on and go for a ride in space?

I used to think that, then spent some time training Frank Borman on an aircraft he purchased.  The Gemini guys were closer to Bezos but we’re still functioning crew members that trained to control and operate the craft.   The Apollo crews were operators of the vehicles.  No different than airliners, the auto functions do the work but the humans are the manual override.   Bezos was a piece of meat in a chair with no function other than looking out the window.  By his standard, any airline passenger could call themselves pilots because they were there.  

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I take a different view. Moving the goalposts after the kick doesn't mean that the field goal didn't happen.

Sounds like the FAA is jealous and besides wouldn't this be in NASA's purview? Plus what does the rest of the world think?

It happened, he just had no function in making it happen.  A Ken  doll could do the same and that may explain the compensatory design of the ship.  :)

This isn’t a functional space vehicle.  It is a pressurized capsule being shot high enough to reach sub orbital space, flying a parabolic trajectory to simulate weightlessness and falling back to earth.  It is a carnival ride, nothing more. 

• Awesome 2

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

With his money Jeff Bezos could buy the FAA and call himself

Astronaut el Grande Magnifico Bully Bully Count de Monte Cristo Fliegenmeister Met Dem Lederhosen

if he wanted to.

I already claimed that one.  Shortened it to “Jsharr”

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Dear Executive VP of Names,

We are waiting...

Sincerely,

Kzoo

We are collecting nominations for the committee to select the individuals who will sit on the panel to review the policy on naming things to see if we need to create a review board  for the renaming of things.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

We are collecting nominations for the committee to select the individuals who will sit on the panel to review the policy on naming things to see if we need to create a review board  for the renaming of things.

Did you skip over the committee on methodology for collecting nominations.  If so please return to the beginning and start over.

• Hugs 1