What is the best thing you will do today?

Airehead

A family grocery trip today to a not so local grocery store when I can hand pick from among the best local vegetables and meat.  Then later today after the mail brings me a package I will be rebuilding a set of shocks for the race car with new low drag seals and better orings inside bleeder caps that allow me to set compression and rebound where I want it.

• Heart 3

I checked my folder from the cancer center. They said they FAX the lab orders to the medical center I get my lab work done but just in case they didn’t get the FAX they put a printed copy in my folder. I checked my folder, no lab order, I called to see if they had the FAX. They didn’t. Called cancer center and had them resend it.

• Heart 1

I'm going to mow the lawn - though I'm going to wait until 6 pm for the 90°+, feels-like-100°+ weather to cool a little and the Sun to get lower.

Of course, by 6 pm I may decide to wait until Saturday when the forecast is for a high of 83°.

So my best my be this:

I pressure-cooked 4 quarts of Golabki's (Polish Stuffed Cabbage, "Pigs in the blanket") yesterday, they came out great and today I'm going to freeze a meal's worth in Ziploc bags for my sister and her husband, at her request.  She had a stomach operation Monday of last week and is on soft foods for a few months so she'll store it away.  It's all pressure-cooked, relatively soft ground meat/rice/cabbage/tomatoes/onions/seasonings so she might be able to eat it when she reaches her soft-foods stage in 5 more weeks.

I also had a lot of cabbage left over from the huge head I bought (that's all the store had) and am going to cook that today with some tomatoes and seasonings and add it to the batch of piggies.

• Heart 2

Dressed for work, had coffee, started the car and the low taar pressure light was on. Huh, thought I fixed that last night. Checked the right rear where the problem was. 26 psi. Down from 35 the night before. I guess I’m buying taars today as the original taars have 49,000 miles on them. I was going to save this job for the weekend. Taar store found a screw inside, just off the tread. They will have to get the taars from another store. Have them this afternoon. Not going to work today qualifies as the best thing today. Cut and moved some branches off the downed tree and I’m in the middle of making a peach pie for my sister and BIL. 

7E31A6DB-203C-40FF-84E3-147F85DD7FF2.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

Now I need a new good thing to happen.  I'm on hold with the medical group that did the biopsy on my colonoscopy.  The procedure was done in June as stated on their bill but they didn't get around to contacting my insurance company promptly.  The insurance ended at midnight June 30 and I moved over to my new insurance and now I need to kick some ass and get the $250 billed properly.

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Now I need a new good thing to happen.  I'm on hold with the medical group that did the biopsy on my colonoscopy.  The procedure was done in June as stated on their bill but they didn't get around to contacting my insurance company promptly.  The insurance ended at midnight June 30 and I moved over to my new insurance and now I need to kick some ass and get the $250 billed properly.

And another good thing happened.  It seems that sometime in the past they had done another biopsy for me and they used my old pre change Anthym Blue Cross number instead of my new one.  With the new number everything was taken care of per the date of the proceedure.  Yea, another $250 headache solved.

Now that new number became invalid as of June 30 when I went Medicare so many of the places that auto bill me for procedures will have to have updates to my account.  First world problem.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, groupw said:
2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

All things considered, that's very kind of you.

Is the airport ok with you dropping her off for her flight a week early?

They have a food court. She’ll be fine….

Woman without a country...

Give her quarters for the vending machine.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

I really didn't have anything planned, but you guys have given me some ideas.

So, ride my bike, not marry BR's wife so I can have bourbon while I rip off my clothes and get my wife to dremel my toenails.  I think I'll skip the trip to the airport, Chris didn't give us dreaded MiL's destination and I'm not taking any chances

image.jpeg.8d0528b895f3b6591b0a67b9ebd8b796.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1