Day Drinking

jsharr

I never got into day drinking - way too much at night in my younger years.

I think bad examples kept me from day drinking.

There were four guys my age who would gather at the house of two of them across the street from my house on Saturdays, often to work on cars though they didn't know what they were doing.

They'd start drinking around 10 am.

Often, in the afternoon, I'd try to show them what they were doing wrong or tell them about things like sleeves that go around exhaust pipes when two are frozen together and you have to cut the bad one and the joint off.

But, by that time, they weren't able to focus on what I had explained, let alone drive to the parts place.

Three of the four died in their 50's or 60's.  I don't know what happened to #4.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I never got into day drinking - way too much at night in my younger years.

I think bad examples kept me from day drinking.

There were four guys my age who would gather at the house of two of them across the street from my house on Saturdays, often to work on cars though they didn't know what they were doing.

They'd start drinking around 10 am.

Often, in the afternoon, I'd try to show them what they were doing wrong or tell them about things like sleeves that go around exhaust pipes when two are frozen together and you have to cut the bad one and the joint off.

But, by that time, they weren't able to focus on what I had explained, let alone drive to the parts place.

Three of the four died in their 50's or 60's.  I don't know what happened to #4.

On vacation.  I seldom day drink but the Red Bar is a Grayton Beach institution and a rum drink was in order

F9E53C26-E987-4CE6-AD0F-E8CE681230E8.jpeg