Hmm, Rodgers doesn't sound like a ranting and raving diva lunatic at all

Randomguy

In fact, he sounds downright sensible.  It is nice to have a sports personality speak actual thoughts rather than the normal pablum typically served up by the top guys and just tell it like it is.  Even still, I get the feeling that he would be saying things with a bit more edge if they would have fed him beers for a while before he spoke.  

• Heart 1

What a lunatic.  Imagine wanting to be a part of conversations that have a bearing on HIS job.  Imagine wanting your friends to be treated well.  Imagine wanting to be in conversations about other players being recruited that you have played with or against over the years.  

He comes off as very well spoken with legitimate concerns if you ask me.

• Heart 4

11 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

What a lunatic.  Imagine wanting to be a part of conversations that have a bearing on HIS job.  Imagine wanting your friends to be treated well.  Imagine wanting to be in conversations about other players being recruited that you have played with or against over the years.  

He comes off as very well spoken with legitimate concerns if you ask me.

When he's not whining, crying, and pouting he sounds like a real adult.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 2Far said:

LOL. I loved the long list of players that they managed out. 

I was surprised that Rodgers rolled off such a long list of names.

I've always been a "team player" and when I disagreed with management, met privately and bitched to my bosses, so I'm a little uncomfortable with someone who exposes the skeletons in the closet to the public because it could cause people to have a lack of faith and become less of a fan of the organization involved.

But, clearly Rodgers felt that was his last straw - I'm sure he bitched privately in past seasons.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

But, clearly Rodgers felt that was his last straw

This was not his last straw.  He just signed the contract he was looking for.  How about talking to some of the former teammates that think he is a diva and prima donna and were treated like s*** by him,. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This was not his last straw.  He just signed the contract he was looking for.  How about talking to some of the former teammates that think he is a diva and prima donna and were treated like s*** by him,. 

I don’t follow the Packers closely, just what the national media puts out there.  There are always two sides to these matters but Rogers did come off well spoken in his presser.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I've always been a "team player"

Here is the thing about pro football, though.  You can be a team player all you want until the team moves on from you.  The players don't have an extreme amount of leverage, so it becomes about how you use the leverage that you have.  I don't fault him for using what he has, although his ways were somewhat novel.  When he talks in this video, he seems entirely coherent and reasonable in want what he wants.  He didn't sound like a dickhead at all, he seems to want a bit of respect that comes with the territory.

Anyway, for longstanding QB's on teams performing as field generals, I think you would be a poor manager/coach/executive indeed if you didn't include your most important and longstanding player at least in a few conversations regarding personnel.  He definitely wants some guarantees he didn't get, so there will be more to this next year.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

There are always two sides to these matters but Rogers did come off well spoken in his presser.

He has been whining and crying for years.  He has ONE reasonably executed presser and he is now the saint.  I give him all the credit for his talent.  I'm just glad I am not a Packers fan.  He gets his contract - he got what he wanted (good for him).  He will be gone next year and he will be crying and whining in another city in a couple years.

He treats family like crap and he treats teammates like crap.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Here is the thing about pro football, though.  You can be a team player all you want until the team moves on from you.  The players don't have an extreme amount of leverage, so it becomes about how you use the leverage that you have.  I don't fault him for using what he has, although his ways were somewhat novel.  When he talks in this video, he seems entirely coherent and reasonable in want what he wants.  He didn't sound like a dickhead at all, he seems to want a bit of respect that comes with the territory.

Anyway, for longstanding QB's on teams performing as field generals, I think you would be a poor manager/coach/executive indeed if you didn't include your most important and longstanding player at least in a few conversations regarding personnel.  He definitely wants some guarantees he didn't get, so there will be more to this next year.

2020 draft day in an alternate reality… Uh Aaron we’re gonna draft your replacement. No your not, get me a freaking tight end. 

I think it’s more about how you do things and maybe thats what caused the problems? 

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

He treats family like crap and he treats teammates like crap.

This is the first I have heard anything like that.  You are closer geographically to the Packers, living in the NJ of the midwest and all,  so you must have examples of this you can share.

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is the first I have heard anything like that.  You are closer geographically to the Packers, living in the NJ of the midwest and all,  so you must have examples of this you can share.

2 quick ones - His well publicized 'spat' with members of his immediate family in California.  Greg Jennings

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

2020 draft day in an alternate reality… Uh Aaron we’re gonna draft your replacement. No your not, get me a freaking tight end. 

I think it’s more about how you do things and maybe thats what caused the problems? 

Well, if you are playing at a high level and giving no indication that you will retire, and the team is a player or two away from the Superbowl and the team drafts your replacement instead of players to help now, I can see being pissed about it.  He deserved a call that they were going to do that (and trading up a very valuable draft pick to do so) so at least you don't hear it on the street first.  I would have appreciated a heads-up rather than being blindsided about it for sure.   You can get over being pissed way easier than fully realizing that the organization you play for gives you very little respect.

Continuity is a thing, although the pick seemed a head-scratcher to me and everybody else at the time (still does).  Maybe it will look like a good move a few years from now (I don't know much about JL), but the Packers made everybody wonder why they wanted to replace a top-10 all time QB still in his prime rather than fill any positions not a strength of the team.  The team set the table for all this at very least, but piling on to AR like he is the only one in this dance doesn't seem right either.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

AND he needs a hair cut.

WRONG!  His hair looks fine.

25 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

2 quick ones - His well publicized 'spat' with members of his immediate family in California.  Greg Jennings

I seem to vaguely recall a family thing, but I don't remember much.  I don't know anything about the Jennings thing, either, is there link (or a copy/paste) that would illustrate?

Rogers is notorious for being generous with his teammates. So he didn't get along with a couple, big deal. How many people don't have conflicts with co-workers over a 17 year period?

He said in the interview it's not about the money, he is paid a lot. The guy wants to win a title, isn't that the point? Standing up for teammates who were mistreated is pretty good in my book. 

He's not perfect, but he is damn fun to watch especially when the game is on the line. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, denniS said:

Rogers is notorious for being generous with his teammates. So he didn't get along with a couple, big deal. How many people don't have conflicts with co-workers over a 17 year period?

He said in the interview it's not about the money, he is paid a lot. The guy wants to win a title, isn't that the point? Standing up for teammates who were mistreated is pretty good in my book. 

He's not perfect, but he is damn fun to watch especially when the game is on the line. 

Not if you are a Rams fan…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah yeah bust on my Rams why don’t ya.  First you bounce us out of the play offs, now you pick on our QB choice.

I’d expect this behavior from @JerrySTL, he has a legitimate & righteous hate for the Rams but not you. 😁

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/29/rams-matthew-stafford-desean-jackson-touchdown-video/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2LwVndx608hy3xAUglo0E96TdKD7EZDXoXqrT_GCbT0WW5kSBccpvSQOc

Watch: Matthew Stafford and DeSean Jackson connect for deep TD on Day 1 of camp

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

seem to vaguely recall a family thing, but I don't remember much.  I don't know anything about the Jennings thing, either, is there link (or a copy/paste) that would illustrate?

Ok, I did a bit of looking.  His family is composed of overzealous religious nutcases who are upset that he isn't one also despite the fact that they "raised him to be that way", and there are hard feelings that he says he has zero connection to christianity, and thus their way of life.  At least that is how it was presented by his ex fiance.  She says he isn't tactful about the fact that he isn't all up Jesus's butthole, either

Jennings and some other guy seem to be the only complainypants, but they don't seem to have any real complaints other than to say "he isn't a great leader", and that sentiment was shouted down by almost everyone else he played with.  Sounds like he doesn't put up with bullshit, but I suppose he has fu money and feels he should just say what he wants at this point.  There is probably a lot going on behind the scenes, though, I am sure he has pissed some off and that more love playing with him than not.  The preponderance  of data points say he is fine for the most part.

I think they should have traded him when his value is at its highest, this is going to go right to 11 after the season is over anyway.