Kirby was wrong, so wrong. :(

AirwickWithCheese

This morning I shared a story with Kirby how I was now banned from the Sans Souci Spinx and my beloved ICEEs. 

"7Eleven Slurpee is the exact same thing" she says and sent me some Google interweb link to prove she was right. 

You were wrong Dear Kirby.  So wrong.   :(

52 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You are so right, JerrySTL. :nodhead:

My niece says she is moving to NYC in September or October, so you will be forced to visit at some point.  I am sad that that is the only carrot that will get you visit, but that is the breaks.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My niece says she is moving to NYC in September or October, so you will be forced to visit at some point.  I am sad that that is the only carrot that will get you visit, but that is the breaks.  :(

Let's just say it doesn't hurt.   :slow-dance-smiley::slow-dance-smiley:

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will buy her all the ICEEs her heart desires. We will frolic in the park and not wear masks or listen to your ridiculosity. 

She will egg the Cuomos and visit Skid Row and Tin Pan Alley. 

No, we will only go to vegan restaurants and visit the hard times tour at the Tenement Museum.  Possibly Grant's tomb, too, it depends how much vegan food is available nearby.

****Good news****  Now she eats eggs in baked items, so she will be healthier than this time last year.  I guess that makes her vegetarian instead of vegan.

• Heart 2

I see a couple options here:

1.  I was wrong about the icee/slurpee despite what the articles seem to show

2.  I wad just  trying to be nice since you felt bad that you couldn't return to the store for your beloved treat and I didn't want you to feel bad

3.  Your judgement is so addled by sugar you can't correctly judge the difference in flavors.

I guess I can see why you went with option 1. :nodhead:

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

56 minutes ago, Further said:

I'd like to hear this story

I took Edgar and Parker to their ballfield at 4:15 this morning. We got home just before 5:00 and I realized it was trash pickup day so I hustled to get everything to curb. 

Finished, realized I couldn't wait for my usual 7 am breakfast ICEE so I drove to the Spinx near MomCheese. 

I couldn't decide between Coke or Cherry so I put maybe 8 ounces of Coke in my 32 ounce cup. I devised an evil plan to slurp that down then go with Cherry. As I'm doing this, I'm looking for the Xtra large lids which enable you to turn your 32 ounce ICEE into I'd guess just under 40 ounces. 

No lids so I turned to my left to see this guy glaring at me. I asked him if there were any lids and he ignored me so I started looking myself. Not going to miss out on those precious bonus lid ounces. ( bubble lids )

Next thing I know guy is standing beside me and opens counter underneath ICEE machine and found a lid. He hands me a lid and as he does he says something smart about not drinking the ICEE and then getting more. It wasn't that polite though. 

Now I confess technically I was wrong. I have been known to slurp down a bonus amount. In fact, I'm guilty of being an ICEE jewel thief. The straw is red so it's a matter of skill and balderdash. 

Also in fairness though, it's important to mention 90% of those who get an ICEE will not put the first 4-5 ounces in their cup choosing to let it run in the overspill trap because if it hasn't been used recently that first 5 ounces are too syrupy. I choose not to waste those precious ounces and consider it my bonus. 

The assistant manager did not. Words were exchanged, there may have been a comment about lids doing bodily harm, unkind, uncharitable things. 

I was wrong, I will not try to defend myself. I needed my ICEE however and lid. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I see a couple options here:

1.  I was wrong about the icee/slurpee despite what the articles seem to show

2.  I wad just  trying to be nice since you felt bad that you couldn't return to the store for your beloved treat and I didn't want you to feel bad

3.  Your judgement is so addled by sugar you can't correctly judge the difference in flavors.

I guess I can see why you went with option 1. :nodhead:

You made me feel like you truly cared and understood my pain.   :(