The last of July...the first of August...weekend plans?

petitepedal

Yardwork in nice weather.  I've done a lot of Polish cooking this week, Golabkis (stuffed cabbage), Haluski (fried cabbage/onion/bacon & cooked noodles), Polish Potato Pancakes, and will get back to normal with Martha Stewart's Savory Fall Stew (sausage, butternut squash, fennel, Brussels sprouts, and the usual veggies).

With so much home cooking, my average blood glucose has dropped to a great 134 mg/dL since I've been back in my house.

With the pancakes and stew, I will have used up the last of the carrots and potatoes I've had sitting in refrigerators since moving from the apartment at the end of May.  They held up well!

image.png.ac3867c63ae8446e0bd2e3b41aa32ca0.png

Paint the living areas. Maybe ride my bike a little. #2 son has a  softball tournament Saturday morning. He plays catcher, and at practice last Sunday he made the catch and tagged his friend Reagan out at home. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

How can the guy in front of you have a Honda motorcycle with a Yamaha tent?

That's my son who races a Honda but works for Yamaha. 

But he also has a Yamaha that he races 

• Awesome 1

Same old for me, oncology exam first thing in the morning followed by an infusion. They said they should be able to get it done quicker tomorrow because I tolerated it well last week. Last week it took seven hours. Maybe only five tomorrow. Spend the rest of the weekend feeling like crap. I was just about to start to feel somewhat normal. I witnessed my wife go through this for a whole year so no surprises. It’s a little different going it alone. I might try church on Sunday. They did a complete remodel of the cafe and named it “Esther’s Cafe”. I would like to see it.

• Hugs 2