Garfield by Jim Davis for Fri, 30 Jul 2021

Comic Bot

So cheese, Garfield vs Heathcat is sort of like Brave New World versus 1984. I read a really good “compare and contrast” article about that a few years ago, that said one was dystopia resulting from too much freedom while the other was from too little. Owl have to see if I can find that again. In fact, this is inspiring a main forum post owl have to direct toward @MoseySusan.  Hopefully she won’t kick my ass for reminding her of work,  since she is now retaared, I hear. :)

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Hopefully she won’t kick my ass for reminding her of work,  since she is now retaared, I hear. :)

So, what’re your thoughts about Westworld? That’s the dystopia currently on the table for analysis. 

11 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

So, what’re your thoughts about Westworld? That’s the dystopia currently on the table for analysis. 

:dontknow:  That is a series, idn;t it?  Is it worth committing to?  I am familiar with Waterworld, which unfortunately may be prophetic given rising sea levels.

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Downer

Ahh, looked it up.  We don;t have HBO.  So I am deprived, having never seem The Sopranos.

And we Debbie Downers have no need of fictional dystopias when we have our own real one right here. :(