No charter fishing for jsharr

jsharr

We had a boat booked and the captain called us on Friday to let us know his fuel tank ruptured.   

We went into scramble mode and found another boat.  Was loading up at 5 am to meet us and had an accident.

Skipper on way to doctor to have a treble hook cut out of his back. 

Hope he is okay but sad won’t get to take Ryan out fishing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

We had a 21' boat with a cuddy cabin and a port-a-potty that we didn't enjoy enough to justify the $2000 marina/boatel fees and burning 50-60 gallons of gas per fishing trip.

You can rent a small motor boat at a park near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge for cheap-enough in normal times and we've done that to satisfy our needs, peeing over the side as needed.

But we're still waiting for a cousin who has retired with a nice pension from Otis Elevator to buy the boat he plans to buy and become a charter captain.

Otherwise, there are some cool charter fishing boats both in the Bay and on the Atlantic we'll be doing in normal times.

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

That's a pretty weak excuse of a salty sea captain. 

Agreed.  Wouldn't you ordinarily have someone just push the barbs back up through the skin, cut the barbs off, back the hook out, and get to fishing? 

I suppose afterwards you could be cautious and ward off the possibility of infection with liberal application of some medicinal alcohol.  Which any salty sea captain should have in plentiful supply on any real charter boat anyway.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Agreed.  Wouldn't you ordinarily have someone just push the barbs back up through the skin, cut the barbs off, back the hook out, and get to fishing? 

I suppose afterwards you could be cautious and ward off the possibility of infection with liberal application of some medicinal alcohol.  Which any salty sea captain should have in plentiful supply on any real charter boat anyway.

Yeah, I’m more than a little concerned that the Cap’n was deterred by such a small annoyance. 

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Yes, I have done that a few times.