Cleaned up the chicken house

Dirtyhip

Yesterday, I did a full clean out in the chicken house. 

The ladies got new straw, and pine bedding.  The nests got cleaned and fresh straw has been added.  Their water feeder has been sterilized and fully scrubbed down.  Everything looks new.

They seemed happy with the cleaning. 

We are at the 8 month countdown.  I think their heads are coming off, next Summer. 

Yesterday, I did a full clean out in the chicken house. 

The ladies got new straw, and pine bedding.  The nests got cleaned and fresh straw has been added.  Their water feeder has been sterilized and fully scrubbed down.  Everything looks new.

They seemed happy with the cleaning. 

We are at the 8 month countdown.  I think their heads are coming off, next Summer. 

I want to be there for the meal!  Are they boneless chickens?

My neighbor has 7 chickens and a rooster they let roam freely.  I was putting out grass seed in my front yard....those damned birds thought I was tossing food out for them.  We came awfully close to having fried chicken for dinner that night.

Could have been worse, you know.  Like your neighbor's cows crashing through a poorly maintained fence and leaving cow kerfloppen all over your yard.

Now I realize that's pretty far-fetched and nothing like that would ever happen in real life...

Could have been worse, you know.  Like your neighbor's cows crashing through a poorly maintained fence and leaving cow kerfloppen all over your yard.

Now I realize that's pretty far-fetched and nothing like that would ever happen in real life...

Actually.....

I grew up in the back woods (no longer the backwoods, but that's another story).  I used to go quail, squirrel, rabbit, and even deer hunting all over the area. One day  I took my trusty Benjamin pellet gun out to get a squirrel or two or a rabbit, which ever I found first.  As I'm trouncing down this horse trail to a place I know is good squirrel habitat, I see a cow.  WTF?  A few minutes later I see a couple more cows.  Before it's over, I see about 30 of the things just roaming around....not grazing, but just wandering through the woods.   I never learned the whole story, but apparently they were from a place about 2 miles away and somehow his fence got torn down in the middle of the night.  All the cows were just out wandering around.