Is it time to stock up on toilet paper?

Road Runner

The local news people here are panicking over the current rise in Covid cases in Virginia and North Carolina.  If these trends continue, I feel a shortage of TP is right around the corner.  People won't get vaccinated, but they go nuts over TP.  crazy.gif.fccf1838d8170beea9003fc6a7b74845.gif

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Oldest son went to Rochester last Saturday.  He went out with 2 vaccinated friends.  One of them tested positive.  Now all three test positive.  He'll be in quarantine in a motel somewhere for a while.

At the age of 75 I don't consider it harmless for vaccinated folks.  My odds are better but it seems that there are still asshats out there trying to kill me.

38 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

The local news people here are panicking over the current rise in Covid cases in Virginia and North Carolina.  If these trends continue, I feel a shortage of TP is right around the corner.  People won't get vaccinated, but they go nuts over TP.  crazy.gif.fccf1838d8170beea9003fc6a7b74845.gif

You will be ok if you just stop pooping.

21 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Canned tomatoes. The drought and wildfires in CA are hitting the tomato growers hard. Acres planted are shrinking and prices are predicted to rise as shortages develop. I’m hoarding I mean stocking up while the prices are still reasonable. 

My go to fake canned San Marzano tomatoes have been tasting off for the last 5-6 months or so.  Could it be that canning season is limited and they sold me the supply of lesser  winter tomatoes?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

My go to fake canned San Marzano tomatoes have been tasting off for the last 5-6 months or so.  Could it be that canning season is limited and they sold me the supply of lesser  winter tomatoes?

Your tomatoes are from San Marzano Florida. That is why. 

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

TP makes a really lousy mask.  

I visited my friends on vancouver island a few wks. ago.  They told me where to find extra rolls of TP.  So when I ran out...I found 20 pkgs. of 8 rolls each for TP.  I told them it will last the 2 of them for next 5 yrs. They overcalculated their adult children visiting them for past 18 yrs...which didn't happen except 1 daughter lived with them for 6 months or so.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, Road Runner said:

I'm seeing shortages of all kinds of stuff and some empty shelves in supermarkets - even Walmart.  I'm back to traveling farther than nearby stores to find the Caffeine Free Diet Coke I drink.

For TP I'm still overstocked.  I've still got a package of 22 small rolls of "bamboo" double-ply toilet paper that I bought in a panic when Costco ran out of Charmin and it's Kirkland brand last fall even after only allowing shoppers one package of 30 at a time.  I've got about 6 large rolls of Costco's store-brand (similar to Charmin) double-ply toilet paper and 10 boxes of kleenex from a Costco 12 pack as backup.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, Road Runner said:

the current rise in Covid cases in Virginia and North Carolina.

Hmm.  Move north?  We're not seeing much up here.  A million plus folks here in Fairfax, and 71 - while "up" is hardly a spike. At almost 70% adults vaxxed, I'm guessing the hold-outs and 18-30 folks are seeing some uptick?

image.png.35c71e07b2b2c4d9494c24877fef4e1c.png