Tonight's music - Lucy Kaplansky - calling Airehead to the folk music phone!

Ralphie

Hey @Airehead - you a fan?  Strike that - that was a dumb question - of course you are! 

Remember applegirl?  She said I should check her oot, so I am only a decade or two late for that. :D

Sounds like she runs in the same folkie circles as John Gorka.  While we're at it, have you ever been to the Philly Folk Festival?

• Awesome 2

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

MomRalph is wise.  :)

This young lady is very good. It's hard to switch from Eddie Money mood to this but she deserves a listen. Not quite as lovely as the Peterson girls though.  

Yes, she is.  I have to edit my OP because I see that Airehead is quite familiar with her. :)  Damn, she just forgot some words at 39:00 and said she might have to google them. Cute. :D  Thankfully she recovered nicely.  With my memory foibles I am quite enamored of how musicians can remember so many songs.  Fantastic.

• Heart 1

Lucy Kaplansky is fabulous. She has matured nicely. Husband 1 was highly involved with the Philly-fest. 

Before she tried to ditch music for life as a clinical psychologist, Lucy made beautiful music with Shawn Colvin.  This was late 80’s, I think. Well before Lucy was enticed back to music and released the tide around 93 or maybe 94. 

• Hugs 1

25 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Lucy Kaplansky is fabulous. She has matured nicely. Husband 1 was highly involved with the Philly-fest. 

Before she tried to ditch music for life as a clinical psychologist, Lucy made beautiful music with Shawn Colvin.  This was late 80’s, I think. Well before Lucy was enticed back to music and released the tide around 93 or maybe 94. 

I thought she did become a clinical psychologist?  Maybe just part time while sticking with music?