TIB

Chopped Liver

oh, and the oven/cooktop/microwave were a no go.....apparently I will have to have a new circuit run since the current code prohibits them being on the same circuit.  

Wish they had freaking told me that on the phone before I wasted gas driving there.  Assholes.

I guess theres something to be said for having a cooking oven/range. Ours finally got installed on Friday and the Mrs has been Betty Crocker since. :nod head:

• Heart 1

I guess theres something to be said for having a cooking oven/range. Ours finally got installed on Friday and the Mrs has been Betty Crocker since. :nod head:

I'm trying to talk the wife into just going with a range.  It would be a less expensive option all the way around.  $1900 vs, almost $4K just for the appliances.  Wouldn't require an electrician to run a new circuit, and could probably have it installed within a week or two.

Believe me, there's so much drama at every holiday there's no way to fit it all in one volume.

In my experience such family event do indeed fit into one volume - LOUD.

And as far as needing another electrical circuit, they may be incorrect on that.  If you would please forgive me, as I'm not as well versed in the residential applications of the National Electrical Code as I am for the commercial/industrial, but I think you can indeed run a cooktop and an oven from one existing circuit.  It depends on the version of the Code in effect in your area and any local codes that may supplement it.  However the attached image may help illustrate how it can be done according to the 2011 National Electrical Code.  I'd suggest contacting an electrician anyway who could first tell you if the local codes permit wiring the applicances according to the picture, and second to have him do the work.

I'm trying to talk the wife into just going with a range.  It would be a less expensive option all the way around.  $1900 vs, almost $4K just for the appliances.  Wouldn't require an electrician to run a new circuit, and could probably have it installed within a week or two.

I'll save you even more money... you can get one of these for under $200 

browning_buckmark_2_burner_outdoor_stove

• Heart 1

In my experience such family event do indeed fit into one volume - LOUD.

And as far as needing another electrical circuit, they may be incorrect on that.  If you would please forgive me, as I'm not as well versed in the residential applications of the National Electrical Code as I am for the commercial/industrial, but I think you can indeed run a cooktop and an oven from one existing circuit.  It depends on the version of the Code in effect in your area and any local codes that may supplement it.  However the attached image may help illustrate how it can be done according to the 2011 National Electrical Code.  I'd suggest contacting an electrician anyway who could first tell you if the local codes permit wiring the applicances according to the picture, and second to have him do the work.

This is how my kitchen is wired.  But I am in Texas and it was most likely wired by a drunk redneck in 1964.