My father once told me that beating up hippies was almost an accepted pastime in Vancouver.

Wilbur

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Reporter was worthless. 

Is he the mayor now?   :)

Wilbur, you should run for mayor. Then you could award me preferential contracts to replace all the windows with casements or some such. 

CBC has always leaned way over there.  I just didn't know it back then.  I don't have enough skeletons in the closet to be a mayor.  :) 

• Haha 1

One of the recent mayors ..was a cleancut kinda hippie.  During mayorship, he rode his bicycle between city hall and home. Lots of photos in newspapers and he supported cycling infrastructure alot and as a means of transportation.  He did some farming in his previous life, he ran a business that still has products on the shelves in Western cAnada....Happy Planet... sugar-free fruit smoothie drinks, ready-made soups, etc.  

Here is dearie talking to Mayor Gregor Robertson.  It would have been just before 2010 Olympics.

Speaking with cycling Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson. Just before celebratory bike ride for opening city's 2nd separated bike lane on Dunsmuir Viaduct in downtown core. Apr. 2010.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

This thread is under appreciated.  Really, the video is quite the time capsule.  :) 

No matter your views on subject, you're 100% correct it's a fascinating time capsule. I feel @Road Runner' s failure to participate is hurting immensely.    :(

9 minutes ago, Dottles said:

The problem with posting videos is that one needs to take the time to watch them.  I like the shallow down shit one can get from glancing over trite political quips.

But it is worth it to see how far we have come and how little has changed.  

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No, they deserve ridicule.  :) 

Some guys look good with one.  I wouldn't ridicule a guy with long flowing, greying shoulder length hair though......I reported to an engineering manager...graduate from McGill university. Probably working over 20 years in huge international projects.    Alot of the guys at the construction site listened to him.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Some guys look good with one.  I wouldn't ridicule a guy with long flowing, greying shoulder length hair though......I reported to an engineering manager...graduate from McGill university. Probably working over 20 years in huge international projects.    Alot of the guys at the construction site listened to him.

I have no problem with long hair.  Man buns, thankfully, have come and gone. 

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I have been called a lot of things in my 30 years in uniform, but have never been called "The Fuzz."  I feel like my career is incomplete 

Fortunately for you, I called you that in the OP.  You are now whole, as a law enforcement officer.  :) 

• Hugs 1