The Airwick window

AirwickWithCheese

We did not spring for fancy casements in our house.  I will tell you that the airflow here is so strong that it wants to pull the door out of your hands and slam the door. Our home is almost at the top of a hill and it is exposed and windy.  We can open the back two sliders and crack a front window and you get a wind tunnel effect.  I like the airflow.  

• Heart 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

If that describes a pocket door I think calling them a pocket window makes sense.  I think there would be pretty significant implementation and cost problems, but they can start oot as a niche for the riche, like Teslas and such.

No. 

They will be called the Airwickstream window.   :nodhead:

Oops!  The term is taken for replacement windows.

What is a pocket window?

Pocket replacements allow you to keep the original frame, trim, siding, and casing intact, and are commonly used when homeowners want to replace a worn window with a new window that's the same size, and the current window frame is still square, level, and in good condition.Jan 4, 2018
  • Heart 1

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No. 

They will be called the Airwickstream window.   :nodhead:

You can take that up with Airstream's lawyers. :D  But you are correct, it can't be called a pocket window.  And it can't be used for room length window installations, unless you have it less than half the wall height and have it drop down I 'spose.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Oops!  The term is taken for replacement windows.

What is a pocket window?

Pocket replacements allow you to keep the original frame, trim, siding, and casing intact, and are commonly used when homeowners want to replace a worn window with a new window that's the same size, and the current window frame is still square, level, and in good condition.Jan 4, 2018

The "handle" for the Airwickstream window will be made out of beautiful ornate wrought iron and be made to look like it's covered in strawberries or grapes vines. 

But where will the Airwick room deodorizer fit if the window slides into the wall.

Actually, "pocket" would be the most appropriate and mis-used by current usage. I love pocket sliding doors as totally into the wall with clear view of the entire outside. Better yet...no reflection of my flash off the glass.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

But where will the Airwick room deodorizer fit if the window slides into the wall.

Actually, "pocket" would be the most appropriate and mis-used by current usage. I love pocket sliding doors as totally into the wall with clear view of the entire outside. Better yet...no reflection of my flash off the glass.

You are now in charge of the prototype production. 9 pane each side triple glazed cottage windows with built in exterior hooks for flower window boxes.