I prefer my sweet tea..

Wilbur

The other weekend when we went out for lunch with the MIL she asked for sweet tea.  Uh do you want sweetener with your tea? NO!!! I want sweat tea!  Me: yeah this is SoCal not VA, maybe ask the guy for a tropical tea… Waiter, yes mam we have a passion fruit tea.

MIL: Grrrr fine regular tea & lots of sugar. 

• Haha 3

Even though I drank a ton of sweet soda, I never liked sweetened tea.  In the US, sweet tea tends to be more popular in the south, but in the north, the default "iced tea" at restaurant tends to be unsweetened.  I was surprised when i was visiting  Canada and the default iced tea was sweet tea.It may vary depending on location in Canada, but I always think of sweet tea as a Southern drink

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Even though I drank a ton of sweet soda, I never liked sweetened tea.  In the US, sweet tea tends to be more popular in the south, but in the north, the default "iced tea" at restaurant tends to be unsweetened.  I was surprised when i was visiting  Canada and the default iced tea was sweet tea.It may vary depending on location in Canada, but I always think of sweet tea as a Southern drink

I have never actually seen brewed iced tea in Canada other than in my own home.  People think Snapple is iced tea. 

I gave up on Coke / diet Coke (or Pepsi / diet Pepsi),  sports drinks, or anything that contains high fructose corn syrup, a few years ago.   

I now drink water, or unsweetened tea, or beer (not giving that up).  Some times wine, and pure OJ.

This is the tea I like.   I looked at the labels on many bottles of 'tea' and some of that stuff is not tea.  The ingredients for this tea is :  brewed tea, citric acid   

image.png.10254f0dbcaa3acec31ca05121485d27.png

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I brew Lipton tea in a glass jug in the sun. Couldn’t brew any sun tea today because it’s been overcast. We drink it unsweetened. I used to like a bit of lemon, but not so much anymore. 

Luzianne here. Gallon bags

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I brew Lipton tea in a glass jug in the sun. Couldn’t brew any sun tea today because it’s been overcast. We drink it unsweetened. I used to like a bit of lemon, but not so much anymore. 

That is what I do although, lousy weather year for it here as well.  PG Tips!