So I raced today

Parr8hed

I got there at 9 for the 10 o'clock race and it was full.  (should have done pre-reg).  I was put on a stand by.  This meant that I had to wait up at registration until almost start time.  Luckily they had room and opened reg to all 12 or so of us that were waiting.  The bad news was that I spent all of that time waiting and now time to warm up or recon course.

This was bad.

The course was pretty technical.  Lots of 180's, off camber stuff and stops that lead right into climbs.  A good pre-ride with warm up would have helped here as you would have known not to come barreling down a certain spot in the big ring since that was a sharp turn with a steep climb at the bottom. 

I raced cat 5 since I really suck.  This means I did 30 min (or 3 laps) on the course.  The first one I felt OK, but there was a TON of waiting at corners, hills and run ups.  There were a lot of people racing and it tended to clump up here. 

The second lap I was sucking wind with my legs burning (a better warm up would have really helped here).  But the course was opening up a little.

By the 3rd lap. I was feeling better.  Pulling away from some people but was still well behind the leaders.

Lap times were10:09 9:44 and 9:03.

The best part was that there was a free kids fun ride for kids 9 and under.  The rugrats really enjoyed that!

I learned to pre-reg, pre-ride and be less fat today.

• Heart 4

I got there at 9 for the 10 o'clock race and it was full. (should have done pre-reg). I was put on a stand by. This meant that I had to wait up at registration until almost start time. Luckily they had room and opened reg to all 12 or so of us that were waiting. The bad news was that I spent all of that time waiting and now time to warm up or recon course.

This was bad.

The course was pretty technical. Lots of 180's, off camber stuff and stops that lead right into climbs. A good pre-ride with warm up would have helped here as you would have known not to come barreling down a certain spot in the big ring since that was a sharp turn with a steep climb at the bottom.

I raced cat 5 since I really suck. This means I did 30 min (or 3 laps) on the course. The first one I felt OK, but there was a TON of waiting at corners, hills and run ups. There were a lot of people racing and it tended to clump up here.

The second lap I was sucking wind with my legs burning (a better warm up would have really helped here). But the course was opening up a little.

By the 3rd lap. I was feeling better. Pulling away from some people but was still well behind the leaders.

The best part was that there was a free kids fun ride for kids 9 and under. The rugrats really enjoyed that!

I learned to pre-reg, pre-ride and be less fat today.

I was looking at the mileage from your race earlier. Why was the last lap shorter than the first 2?

cross1.jpg

Doesn't Petite do something like that with a time of 18 or something?  :scratch head:  I think you might be able to add 9 or 10 to your lap times if you put the bike down.

;)

Good for you to have the motivation and spirit to get out there and race, despite all the factors that worked against you today! :2:

Doesn't Petite do something like that with a time of 18 or something?  :scratch head:  I think you might be able to add 9 or 10 to your lap times if you put the bike down.

;)

Good for you to have the motivation and spirit to get out there and race, despite all the factors that worked against you today! :2:

I knew i was doing something wrong!